The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just love sugar cookies during the holidays...but I don't want all the carbs. Surely, someone who bakes can try and modify a sugar cookie recipe using Splenda or erythritol and possibly almond flour. Please..:D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
The Christmas Cookie folk seem to think this one's a hit! Low Carb Almond Sugar Cookies | Christmas-Cookies.com

And if the recipe makes 12 cookies, my calculations are that, using erythritol instead of splenda, the stats would be about . . .

1 cookie:
calories: 107
calories from fat: 87
total fat: 10g
saturated fat: 3g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 28mg
sodium: 33mg
total carbs: 3g
dietary fiber: 1g
sugars: 0g
protein: 3g

And hey! We could even ice them with Marty's butter/cream cheese icing!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Shanny! I showed the recipe to my Mom and she said we will make a batch tomorrow! I can't wait to taste them!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Shanny! I showed the recipe to my Mom and she said we will make a batch tomorrow! I can't wait to taste them!
Can't find my almond flour! I had a whole bag. My Mom cleaned out the lazy-susan and I am betting she threw it away...I am not happy.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Can't find my almond flour! I had a whole bag. My Mom cleaned out the lazy-susan and I am betting she threw it away...I am not happy.
Hey Breeze, you need to do what I did when I lived with my Mom ... set aside ONE kitchen cabinet, for your stuff! It helped immensely!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
The Christmas Cookie folk seem to think this one's a hit! Low Carb Almond Sugar Cookies | Christmas-Cookies.com

And if the recipe makes 12 cookies, my calculations are that, using erythritol instead of splenda, the stats would be about . . .

1 cookie:
calories: 107
calories from fat: 87
total fat: 10g
saturated fat: 3g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 28mg
sodium: 33mg
total carbs: 3g
dietary fiber: 1g
sugars: 0g
protein: 3g

And hey! We could even ice them with Marty's butter/cream cheese icing!
I made these ... subbing some ground pecans for part of the almond flour, and 1 T of vanilla splenda syrup plus 1/2 c eryth. They were VERY crumbly this way ... but delicious and filling! What lasted to the NEXT DAY :rolleyes: firmed up nicely and held their shape -- and tasted better too. Yes, I ate the whole batch ... :eek:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You can throw almonds into a food processor and make your own almond flour. I get most of my recipes from Lindas Low carb site or Laura Dolson's site .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts