The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
jwags said:
My sister lives in Yarmouth right near where LL Bean is. My parents are in an Assisted Living Facility in Flamouth near Portland.
We lived up by Lewiston/Auburn in a little town called Sabattus.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I remember back in the early 70's a roomate and I went to Canada camping. On our way back our car broke down in Lewiston. So we spend 2 days there. Back then I remember a lot of shoe outlets. My sister works for the state in Augusta, I think that is near there.

Made more cookies yesterday. I made some Chocolate Biscotti and some Gingersnaps from Comfy Belly. We had a Christmas party late afternoon at some friends and I was pretty good with the food. When I got home I munched on a few of my Christmas Cookies. When I went to bed I tested and was at 83. I was 88 this morning. That is a really low bg for me in the morning. So there is something in these cookies that really keeps bgs lows. I don't know if it is the Blanched Almond Flour or what, but it does work. I think I have found a new Diabetic Cookie Diet.

Reactions: Shanny and Patdart

·
Registered
298 Posts
jwags said:
I remember back in the early 70's a roomate and I went to Canada camping. On our way back our car broke down in Lewiston. So we spend 2 days there. Back then I remember a lot of shoe outlets. My sister works for the state in Augusta, I think that is near there.
The only outlets are in Freeport now. Yes, Augusta is about 30 miles from Lewiston.

Reactions: jwags

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The only outlets are in Freeport now. Yes, Augusta is about 30 miles from Lewiston.
My sister lives right outside Freeport and they try to avoid the outlets at all cost. In the summer it is terrible with all the busses. Her kids never had problems getting summer jobs at all the stores.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
@jwags I have just spent a good 15 minutes drooling over the cookie recipes on comfy belly. I notice that she uses honey to sweeten - can I ask what you substituted and how well it worked?? Thanks - I am desperate to find a good cookie recipe - I have bread substitute, breakfast bars, brownies and sponge cake sorted - it would nice to add cookies to the list ;-)

·
Registered
298 Posts
jwags said:
My sister lives right outside Freeport and they try to avoid the outlets at all cost. In the summer it is terrible with all the busses. Her kids never had problems getting summer jobs at all the stores.
We avoided Freeport during the busy times of year...of course Beans is open 24/7...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts