The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the way, this time of the year is killing me. Everywhere I look I see chocolate peanut butter balls. My favorite! Anyway, I have to attend a Christmas party tomorrow night and take something. I have no idea what to take. I want it to be something I can eat but something everyone else will enjoy. Maybe ham roll ups? A ham and cream cheese ball? Some cookies? Any ideas (and the recipes) will be greatly appreciated. I don't cook (except for buffalo chicken dip but someone is already bringing that.)

Thanks!

Stinky

Reactions: jwags

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
IF sugar alcohols don't affect you, Atkins makes chocolate/peanut butter cups. (I have to bolus for 'em, but I do indulge.)

Also, can't vouch for any of 'em, but here are some recipes for homemade:

Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups - Recipe for Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups

Healthy Indulgences: Healthy Peanut Butter Cups - Homemade Treats that are Low Carb, Primal, and Nearly Sugar-Free!

The Low Carb Cafe : Chocolate peanut-butter cups

Hope this helps. It's my first (known) diabetic Christmas as well, and all the temptations get to me sometimes!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
The ham & cream cheese ideas are good ones . . . either roll-ups or cheese balls or both. I eat cream cheese every day and often several times a day. Rolled up in a thin slice of ham or roast beef is great.

·
Registered
916 Posts
if you don't cook, why not just pick up a ready made trays of something. Maybe cold cuts with cheese & olives etc.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Waitaminute, waitaminute, waitaminute! Did you say something about Buffalo chicken dip WITHOUT providing a recipe? I may have to call Santa and get him to add a certain Stinky to his Naughty list!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think the easiest thing to bring to a party is some kind of artichoke dip. You can either make it or by some. On Sunday I bought a dip at Costco and then put crackers and raw broccoli around it. A cheese platter also work.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Waitaminute, waitaminute, waitaminute! Did you say something about Buffalo chicken dip WITHOUT providing a recipe? I may have to call Santa and get him to add a certain Stinky to his Naughty list!
No not the naughty list!!!! Here is the recipe I use:
It calls for a 10 oz can of chicken but I use whatever chicken I have available
2 blocks of cream cheese
1 cup of cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
1 cup of ranch
5-8 oz of hot sauce (I use between 5 and 6; depends on how spicy you like it.....
Mix it all together and bake on 350 for 30 minutes.

Since the big D, I have used veggies and pork rinds as dippers. Both very good.

My blood sugar likes it!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the help! I went with ham and cheese roll ups. I used the chive and green onion cream cheese and added some sharp cheddar. About half will make it to the pary tonight. The other half is in my belly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the easiest thing to bring to a party is some kind of artichoke dip. You can either make it or by some. On Sunday I bought a dip at Costco and then put crackers and raw broccoli around it. A cheese platter also work.
My friend makes a mean artichoke dip. I already called her to make sure she was bringing it and asked for the ingredients to make sure I could eat it. I will go to the party with my veggies (no one else will eat them) and my WASA crackers and eat myself silly on dips. And drink some wine.

Reactions: Shanny
1 - 9 of 9 Posts