The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know whether or not this has anything to do with Diabetes, but I was just diagnosed with chronic venous disease (CVD). I don't have high blood pressure and my doctor won't give me compression stockings because I am a Diabetic. He told me to lose weight, exercise, put my feet up often and don't stand or sit for long periods of time.

I know there is no cure, but does anyone have any other advice they can give me? Is there a supplement I can take to improve this or keep it from getting worse?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Don't really know but I heard I got chronic venous disease (CVD) and blood clots in my veins by having both a desk job and sitting on my butt watching TV while home. I have used Pauling Therapy (vit C, lysine, proline, etc) and Nattokinase to improve my circulation. It helps. Also getting off my butt at least once an hour helps.

ColaJim

I don't know whether or not this has anything to do with Diabetes, but I was just diagnosed with chronic venous disease (CVD). I don't have high blood pressure and my doctor won't give me compression stockings because I am a Diabetic. He told me to lose weight, exercise, put my feet up often and don't stand or sit for long periods of time.

I know there is no cure, but does anyone have any other advice they can give me? Is there a supplement I can take to improve this or keep it from getting worse?

Reactions: AnnV

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though I am overweight, I have always been active. My doctor said this came from smoking for 48 years. It isn't easy to quit, but I am trying to cut back.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't have any heart disease but suffer from leg swelling when travelling. My doctor told me to wear Compression Stockings to prevent swelling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My doctor doesn't want me to wear compression stockings because I have Diabetes. But from what I read on the internet about CDV, the doctor has to measure you and decide what strength and size compression stockings you need. I read if you get the wrong size, they could be too tight and do more harm than good. So I am kind of afraid to buy them on my own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts