The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure of the carb count, but very tasty indeed.

Brown 1-1.5 lbs of thinly sliced Chuckeye Steak, I usually sprinkle with red pepper while browning.

Add 2 large Beef Steak Tomatoes chopped, cover. I have omitted the tomato sauce by adding a couple more of the tomatoes and cooking it down until thick.

Add coppped Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Onion, 3 cloves of Garlic. For the hotter version, I like to add Whole Chillis, and Cayenne Peppers.

When Peppers and onions are pearled add 1/2 - 3/4 can tomatoe sauce, reduce to low heat.
Add Cumin, Paprika, Salt, Pepper, to taste, I do not add Chilli Powder, but now would be the time if you do.

Add Black beans, I try not to cook this very long, just heat the beans up in the Chilli.

Scoop into bowl, this is thick Chilli, Cover with Shredded Jack Cheese and a scoop of chopped and ripe Advocado. I like my Chilli Spicy Hot, so I add Tobasco to mine, wife likes hers mild.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add we had this for the past 2 nights. I also make a corn bread pancake like item to eat with it thats pretty low carb.

1/4 cup of Hi-Maize 260
1/4 cup of Corn Bran
1/4 cup of Whole ground corn flour
2 eggs
baking soda, baking powder
Handful of cheese
Jalepeno pieces
salt
oil
heavy cream
Splenda, Erythritol, we like our corn bread sweet
I also have added whole corn kernels, just a few, makes it special when I can find some.

add a little water to make it thin enough to pour. I fry them on a hot skillet, pretty good compliment to the chili.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts