The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased CinSulin (daily suplement) at Costco. It's supposed to help use glucose efficiently. I have type 2 diabetes. Has anybody tried this product or know anything about it? Please share.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased CinSulin (daily suplement) at Costco. It's supposed to help use glucose efficiently. I have type 2 diabetes. Has anybody tried this product or know anything about it? Please share.

I use a different Cinnamon product, 1,500-2,000 mg a day. They are Spring Valley 500 mg capsules. I take one before lunch, sometimes one after, one before dinner and one after. It has made a noticable difference with my ability to control my diabetes.

There are tons of articles on how Cinnamon helps type 2 diabetics control blood sugar by causing the receptors to accept the insulin our bodies are producing.

CinSulin is a water soluble form of Cinnamon that is supposed to work even more efficiently than the form I am taking. I plan on trying it out once I run out of my Spring Valley.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a different Cinnamon product, 1,500-2,000 mg a day. They are Spring Valley 500 mg capsules. I take one before lunch, sometimes one after, one before dinner and one after. It has made a noticable difference with my ability to control my diabetes.

There are tons of articles on how Cinnamon helps type 2 diabetics control blood sugar by causing the receptors to accept the insulin our bodies are producing.

CinSulin is a water soluble form of Cinnamon that is supposed to work even more efficiently than the form I am taking. I plan on trying it out once I run out of my Spring Valley.[/QUO

warren
thanks for responding. I will continue to use it. let me know how well it works for you once you get it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cinsulin

I, too, purchased CinSulin from Costco. For me, it's a MIRACLE remedy. It brought down my fbg by about 20 points, give or take a few. So now my usual fbg is about 77 to 91 (on bad days). I have to REALLY eat high carb to bring it over 100. (Like a large plate full of Fetuccine Alfredo or Beef Chow Fun.) Even then, it's only a couple of points over 100. I do avoid this but I tried each one once just to see what would happen. But I can eat those foods in moderation and I thought I would never taste them again.

The only thing I rarely eat (if ever) is added sugar. The naturally occurring sugar in certain foods doesn't seem to affect me but I do avoid food (such as fruit) which has higher levels of sugar. I do eat some fruit, but not a lot.

I hope they never stop making CinSulin, as it has restored my quality of life. I used to be "starving" all the time and my fbg was higher. Good luck! :D Genie

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Ok, important question (to me anyway), cinnamon has a lot of carbs. How many are in each pill?
Ground cinnamon has 2g of digestible carbs per tablespoon. A tablespoon is quite a lot of cinnamon.

Cinsulin claims to be a 10:1 concentration of whatever is "good" in cinnamon, but they don't seem to state anywhere what its nutrition content is.

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that cinnamon could kill you if you got too much. Don't remember where or the amount I read.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi again,

I just wanted to add that I used to take cinnamon capsules and they didn't seem to do me any good at all. I don't know anything about the speculation that cinnamon could kill you or how many carbs it has, but the carbs (whatever they are) don't seem to matter (to me, anyway). Genie

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
Wiki on cinnamon

A quote from the Medicinal Research section of the Wiki article
"Two studies have shown that including cinnamon and cinnamon extract in the diet may help type 2 diabetics to control blood glucose levels. One study used C. cassia,[44] while the other study used an extract (made from "Chinese Cinnamomum aromaticum", an older name for C. cassia).[45] Apart from the most common flavanol (epi)catechin and (epi)afzelechin, cinnamon proanthocyanidins contain (epi)catechingallate and (epi)gallocatechin units.[46] Furthermore, these proanthocyanidins are bioavailable and may have an effect on the target tissues.[47] However a Cochrane review study published in 2012 showed that cinnamon is not more effective than placebo in reducing glucose levels and glycosylated haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) (a long-term measurement of glucose control in diabetes). Authors concluded that "There is insufficient evidence to support the use of cinnamon for type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus".[48]"

I took cinnamon and didn't even get a placebo effect.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Unfortunately, none of these 'miracle pills' ever seem to work for me. I also try and stay away from anything that has cellulose (or any -ose) listed as the first or second ingredient. -ose ingredients don't seem to agree with my blood sugar.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Well, I went to Krogers and got Cinsulin last night. My BGs just would not come out of the 100s and 110s all day. It's my fault, really. I had too much protein the day before and I didn't adequately fast between meals. Sadly, I've been this way for a few days now. I struggle with burnout. It's not that I don't absolutely love the diet. It's just that I get tired of measuring but I don't feel ready to fly solo (sans food scale).

Also, I found out something highly disturbing. The PET Heavy Whipping Cream has changed to include more skim milk thereby increasing it's carb count per tablespoon. How do I know this? My meter told me and it knocked my nondiabetic daughter right out of ketosis gaining 6 pounds in one week... same with me. It says Zero Carbs. But, that was the only thing that changed in our diet that week. We switched back to the Krogers brand. The weight is just dropping off quickly now. But my BGs went a bit skewy. I should have been suspicious when I got a 129 one day. My BGs haven't been that high since I was off keto.

But, I digress . I felt I just needed Something to tide me over until my body re-stabilizes. So far after only two doses, last night and today at breakfast, it seems to work. It brought my BGs last night down to 82 from the 110s, and my FBG was 83. My FBG is usually around there these days.

I will have to say that this actually works. I had a big brunch of two eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 2 slices of bacon, a huge 420 calorie and 6 carb crustless cheesecake with half ounce of whole pecans, and 16 ounces of coffee with 2 tablespoons of HWC, and 2 capsules of CinSulin. Before the meal I was miraculously at 88 (usually I'm in the 90s if not lower 100s of late, since the PET HWC fiasco. I tested every 30 minutes for two hours, ...

+30 minutes = 88
+ 1-hour = 93
+ 90 minutes = 90 (took this one 3 more times to be sure.)
+2-hours = 88

Wow. Ok. Hmmm...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts