The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'll stick to my own low carb recipes with under 4-5 carbs per serving. I think everyone is trying to jump on the Diabetes Bandwagon when evidently they have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always have been on that bandwagon .... I LOVED the comments posted, though!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Boy! The commenters didn't pull any punches, did they? I love it! Not a single comment commending the recipes. And rightly so! They're horrible!

Is the Beefy who commented there our very own beloved-and-well-controlled-but-slightly-OCD Beefy from Alberta? :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I agree with you Shanny - the recipes are horrid!! I looked at all of them - 2 pizza recipes. I love pizza, but it is not a frequent flyer item at our house because of the carbs involved. Mostly we have it when the grandson comes to visit. Can't imagine what the person/people who put that article together were thinking of. One thing for sure they aren't using insulin.......or are they???

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it inspiring ... hopefully not all the posters are members of the same ol clique! I suspect the ADA are on the verge of an insurrection, if the internet is any indication!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Is the Beefy who commented there our very own beloved-and-well-controlled-but-slightly-OCD Beefy from Alberta? :D :D :D
That would be one and the same, lol...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
2 pizza recipes.
I will eat pizza, but I'm picky about how.

1. I reduce carb consumption in my other meals to compensate...
2. I ensure I've done an intense workout prior to it
3. I have only ONE piece of crust, I move toppings from other pieces onto it
4. I'll monitor blood glucose and any climb above 7.0 (126) sees me get on the bike.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Pizza always gets me in trouble. I always start saying I will only eat the toppings and then little by little I start nibbling around the crust, before I know it I'm on my 2nd piece. For those of us who are carb addicts there is no way to eat pizza safely. I don't do too bad when I use my low carb flaxseed or almond flour crusts. When is the outside world going to realise , that "wheat flour" is the problem. I was in the grocery store today trying to navigate to what I needed without going through the bakery. In our store it can't be done. They have all these little talbes with samples jumping out saying try me. One of them was sugar free apple pie. Need I say more.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
wow I rarely comment on things like that....but I just had to say something. 53 carbs for one of their salads...seriously?!?!?

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
I was in the grocery store today trying to navigate to what I needed without going through the bakery. In our store it can't be done. They have all these little talbes with samples jumping out saying try me. One of them was sugar free apple pie.
It's true, and I find even more pronounced here in the Southern US than Coastal California. There are sweet things at every entrance of every grocer, those large tables you speak of - and huge displays of candy also. At CVS (a USA pharmacy) they ask if I want to make a donation of candy for kids. What?

I remember years ago when I got suckered into Entenmann's fat-free pastries when they first came out - the raspberry and cheese ones, long loafs they were/are. I thought eating them was free. Great! No fat! I can ride this train all day and night!

Although I know eating sugar doesn't give us diabetes, somehow I think I deserve it for being that stupid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This made me giggle! First recipe pancakes with the applesauce... uhm...really?! I didn't bother looking at the cookie crunch desert. Just...wow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts