The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click Here to meet Coco, Walt Disney's Type 1 diabetic monkey. She wears a diabetic bracelet, and has a backpack with diabetic supplies in it. According to the write-up, she teaches kids how to deal with Type 1 diabetes and still lead a normal life.

Disney is also coming out with a series of books featuring Coco along with the usual Disney characters.

I am not recommending this for kids because I have no idea what is in the books, but I am posting the link so you can check it out, if you are interested.

I think this is a great concept as long as they are actually giving sound advice to diabetic kids, and Coco is a cutie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Coco is cute but by the sounds of it, it looks like this would be good to give to family and friends of someone with type 1. My daughter is almost 4 and knows what and when she can eat. It's the people around her who are clueless even when they say they want to learn and you try to teach them.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hey Tim - welcome back! How's everything coming along - your little girl a pretty experienced diabetic by now, eh? I guess you finally were able to inject for her when the necessity arises?

Good to hear from you - don't be a stranger! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Tim - welcome back! How's everything coming along - your little girl a pretty experienced diabetic by now, eh? I guess you finally were able to inject for her when the necessity arises?

Good to hear from you - don't be a stranger! ;)
Hi Shanny. Wow, you have a good memory. My wife and I decided that I should do the dinner injection so it's old hat now for her and myself. My daughter's a1c is good as well as her general health. She's a very energetic 3 yr old going on 4 in a few weeks.

I'll definitely be around more often. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts