The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for those of you that make this... any help as to more details on how to make it? Do I need to do it on the stove so the cocoa melts? How much sweetener do you add?

I stirred and stirred for a long time, but the cocoa and splenda didn't all dissolve.

It's okay though...the coconut oil I have is virgin coconut oil and it smells and tastes like coconut...so it's good with the chocolate. It could be better though.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I do it on the stove on a low burner or in a double boiler. I melt about 1/3 cup CO with 2-3 T dark cocoa and a little peanut butter. I don't really measure the sweetner probably a few tablespoons or to taste. You do have to stir it quite a bit to melt it all together. The microwave sounds like a good idea. When melted pour into a plastic dish and throw in freezer until hard.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I melt the coconut oil in the wave and heat it up slighty. I then add the cocoa, usually the same amount of splenda. If you add heavy cream it gives something for the splenda to dissolve into and will bring together the cocoa and coconut oil. Makes wonderful chocolate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts