The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all, after some research and some questions Im going to start eating coconut oil on a daily basis. One question: should I use refined or UNrefined oil?? Better health to ALL.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good morning to all, after some research and some questions Im going to start eating coconut oil on a daily basis. One question: should I use refined or UNrefined oil?? Better health to ALL.
I use Nutiva organic extra-virgin cold-pressed coconut oil. It's pricey, but if I'm going to occasionally eat it with a spoon, I'd rather it be pure! ;)

Nutrition.com has a pretty good sale going right now.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I also use the Nutiva extra virgin. I buy it in the huge jars. You can get a pretty good price at Amazon or Swanson's Vitamins. It does have a coconut smell which I like. Some don't like that smell so use other brands. Sometimes some of the refined coconut oil is refined with chemicals and I don't like that.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I ordered mine from Tropical something? It is extra-virgin. They were having a 2 for 1 sale, so I bought 4 jars.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
That depends on whether you like Coconut or not. Me I hate the stuff always have, so I go for the refined, tasteless, odorless.

·
Registered
718 Posts
virgin cold pressed is the best kind to get to make sure all the nutrients are still there.... but it does have a coconut smell and taste, which makes it hard for some to stomach. I can't scramble my eggs in it, but I can bake with it or use it for all nut granola... I put it in my boys' smoothies, use it for stir-fry...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/coconut-oil-health-benefits/

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coconut oil confusion

Im somewhat on the confusion train. So many people use/eat coconut oil and swear by it,BUT, I went to the WebMD and they say Dont use coconut oil because of the VERY high saturated fat content, which can lead to heart problems etc.etc.. What does one do??? Any feed back from from seasoned users might help. thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Reactions: auto
1 - 9 of 9 Posts