The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people are not affected by coffee. I have tested coffee. I thought I was good with it. I recently quit coffee cuz I quit smoking and now coffee is no fun.

usually in the morning my fasting is around 110. and by noon around 100.

the last 3 days with no coffee I am in the 80's at noon.

just saying...

·
Registered
90 Posts
With coffee I think there are some brands that might soak their beans in some concoction before grinding and distributing. That adds some flavor and carbs to the mix, which it surprises me there are no nutritional facts for coffee. I also know that there are no "0g carb" non-dairy creamers out there. The non-dairy creamers are like 1-2g of carbs per tbsp.

So for this I generally have a single cup in the morning then move to water. I love my white castle coffee with non-dairy creamer and splenda. Infact I could use some of that now. =)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With coffee I think there are some brands that might soak their beans in some concoction before grinding and distributing. That adds some flavor and carbs to the mix, which it surprises me there are no nutritional facts for coffee. I also know that there are no "0g carb" non-dairy creamers out there. The non-dairy creamers are like 1-2g of carbs per tbsp.

So for this I generally have a single cup in the morning then move to water. I love my white castle coffee with non-dairy creamer and splenda. Infact I could use some of that now. =)
interesting about the soaking thing. I use heavy cream, no carbs.
the cream alone does not affect me.

this bumbs me out.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I've about quit with coffee too, Kelli . . . moved to green tea. I add a coupla drops of lemon oil & a splash of sweetener. But I like green tea, so it isn't quite as big a bummer, and I've eliminated at least 200 calories from heavy cream, every cuppa coffee (hardly a "cuppa" tho' . . . my mugs hold a pint of coffee)!

Gotta get back to work on the dawn phenomenon tho' . . . I was 104 last night a bit before bedtime . . . 12 hours later I woke up with 140. Dang! :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
My biggest problem is night time, I think I bounce during the night. I go to bed in the 100s and wake up in the around 220. I think I need to take a small dose of insulin and a snack or something before bed and maybe reduce my daily lantus a little.

so I feel you on that. My control throughout the day is really good but night time is what gets me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts