The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have given me good ideas on other solutions, how about a HOT idea for cold feet.
My right foot was crushed at age 12. That, plus 30+ years of type 1
has caused neuropathy and poor circulation.
I wrap my right foot is a heating pad, if I am sitting. (pad has 20 minute cycle, for safety)
The best advice I have been given is layers. I always have 4 to 8 socks on my right foot.
Any other ideas?

One good thing, I can stop my hubby's snoring, just by touching him with my right foot!:D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You might have to search the Internet for this, but I thought I saw an advertisement for insoles for the shoes that you can warm in the microwave and then place them in your shoes. In addition to that, and I know it isn't the same thing, but my husband always wears wool socks when his feet are cold. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciated

You might have to search the Internet for this, but I thought I saw an advertisement for insoles for the shoes that you can warm in the microwave and then place them in your shoes. In addition to that, and I know it isn't the same thing, but my husband always wears wool socks when his feet are cold. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Strawberry,
Any and all ideas are appreciated!
Thanks

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is interesting. I suspose I can find the silk socks on the internet.
I raised hundreds of sheep for 40 years, I can find the wool ones on my own.

Say, if I may ask, do you suffer any complications from years of Type 1.
If so how do you handle them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
D4Hope said:
That is interesting. I suspose I can find the silk socks on the internet.
I raised hundreds of sheep for 40 years, I can find the wool ones on my own.

Say, if I may ask, do you suffer any complications from years of Type 1.
If so how do you handle them.
Yes I have some but the hardest thing to handle is how all these autoimmune diseases and the medications for them effect each other. My heart disease I don't worry about since they can't do anything for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Registered
89 Posts
My feet in the Winter - often cold

For bed use, I found a present my daughter made several years ago to be great for cold nights. She made 'footwarmers' for Christmas presents - which have proven to be very nice! Just warm 2 - 2.5 minutes in the microwave and put under the covers in bed a few minutes before retiring for the evening. A caution, can get quite hot, avoid "to long" in the microwave.

The 'footwarmer' is made using denim (old jeans) and filled with kernels (~2 cups) of field corn. Overall dimensions, approx. 4 inches X 9 inches X 2 inches thick. The denim is sewn together, sealing the corn in. While the corn does not 'fill' the denim bag it seems to work well. Also she made a slip on-off Flannel cover. I know it has worked very well for me.

Some years back as a winter hiker in Shanny's neck of the woods, I used dual layer socks and they did well to keep my feet warm hiking. There are at least a couple of types, polypropylene and silk come to mind. With silk being the 'best' coupled with wool socks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I suffered from cold feet and since using The Pauling Protocol it has improved dramatically. It was so bad at one stage during winter, that I used to speed home after work just to get my feet in a tub of hot water to get it going again. I used layering and red pepper in my socks just to get me through the winter. This winter was one of the coldest we had and I just sailed through with happy feet.

I use 3000mg of Vit C, 500mg L-Proline and 500mg L-Lysine 3 to 4 times per day. It took about 3 months to get results. Nowadays because it is so much better iI tend to forget to use it regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes

·
Registered
58 Posts
You have given me good ideas on other solutions, how about a HOT idea for cold feet.
My right foot was crushed at age 12. That, plus 30+ years of type 1
has caused neuropathy and poor circulation.
I wrap my right foot is a heating pad, if I am sitting. (pad has 20 minute cycle, for safety)
The best advice I have been given is layers. I always have 4 to 8 socks on my right foot.
Any other ideas?

One good thing, I can stop my hubby's snoring, just by touching him with my right foot!:D
D4hope,

Have you tried a microwaveable corn bag yet?

Years ago my sister made Christmas presents of corn bags. She made a canvas bag, Poured in some whole corn feed and closed the pouch.

Throw it in the microwave for a couple of minutes (CAUTION HOT)
makes a great general heating pad. Heat one up and put it under the sheets at the foot of the bed.

What also make the corn bag useful is that it will contour to your sore aching body part be it muscle, knee, ankle, or elbow perfectly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts