The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with winter coming on even in alabama it gets cold do any of you have trouble staying warm my wife thinks iam crazy because even in the summer iam cold i wear long pants and long sleves just wondering if anybody else is this way:(

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
with winter coming on even in alabama it gets cold do any of you have trouble staying warm my wife thinks iam crazy because even in the summer iam cold i wear long pants and long sleves just wondering if anybody else is this way:(
Not sure it has anything to do with your state-of-mind, but if people have differences in thermostats, it seems like they're bound to meet & get married! :D Dunno how old you are, Kent, but my 77yo husband keeps a woolen afghan & a pair of cotton jersey gloves beside his recliner & uses them year round. He customarily wears a t-shirt under a regular long-sleeve shirt with a sweatshirt over that & sometimes a lined flannel hoodie besides. I'm just the opposite - I wilt rapidly in the heat.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
thanks shanny iam 65 and cold gonna get to 40 tonite eletric blanket tonite under and over me
Good idea! That's what husband does . . . if he miscalculates & doesn't get the blanket turned high enough, he'll waken with his teeth chattering so bad he can't even talk. Serious!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
thanks shanny iam 65 and cold gonna get to 40 tonite eletric blanket tonite under and over me
I get cold now that I've lost quite a bit of weight ... I have much less subcutaneous bodyfat, thus less insulation.

also, since they put me on blood-pressure meds I swear I'm more cold too.

Mostly in my extremities, especially my hands.

BTW It's supposed to be -6C (Abt 21F) here tonight. That's actually pretty mild for late-October, I've seen -30C (-22F) and colder... I wish I had a fireplace in the bedroom, LOL.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I tend to be the opposite and am always warm. I run around in the winter in sleeveles tank tops and rarely sleep with covers at night. We keep our heat fairly low around 60 most of the day and 65 for just a few hours in the morning and at night. I think it is just an individual difference and not D related.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am always the one that is hot. I am in Alabama also and hubby turned on heat last night. At 3AM I was roasting but I guess it could have been due to the over weight Chihuahua laying upside down against me. Either way, I was ready to go out on the screened in porch.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What does the "trackback" mean?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
When we open the message window to start writing, if you scroll on down, there's a box for putting in trackbacks, which are - per Wikipedia - "A trackback is one of three types of linkback methods for Web authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents. This enables authors to keep track of who is linking to their articles."

It's Greek to me folks - mebbe someone smarter than I can explain it to us.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't think you are alone in having difficulty staying warm. Although we live in different parts of the country, I am inclined to wear long sleeves, long pants plus a zip up sweatshirt with a hood in the house. Last year we had the old carpeting in our LR taken out and hardwood put in. We didn't realize that we would miss the old carpet and that our feet would need warm slippers in the winter......brrrrrr. Do love our new floor though (after 40 yrs with the old carpet).

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think (with reservations) that a trackback is when you reference another site/blog/forum...

So if say we posted a link/URL to a recipe on someone's blog...on that blog you would see that we had linked to them also...

Does that make sense?

It's like when you write an essay at college/university and you quote from someone's published book and reference them to show you didn't steal/plagerise the information...but as we're on the interweb :) we have the ability (with specific software) to illustrate who has used your information...

So it tracks back and forth...if it were a recipe...the original website where the recipe was found...would show the people that had linked to it...

Ok lol I'm way tired and prolly rambling....nite

·
Registered
741 Posts
please disregard previous post by a half-asleep moron lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
Scary but I get it. Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
Reactions: Strawberry

·
Registered
709 Posts
I too feel cold acutely, in winter my main worry is that I'll run out of wood to burn!! Lol
My friends & family think its hilarious as I was born & lived in Scotland till I was 18 yrs old.

No chance of being cold at the moment though it is around 30 deg here & I am nice & toasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
i hear you. when i was obese i was always warm.
now that i lost the weight, i am usually cold

·
Registered
267 Posts
I live in Phoenix so during the summer I complain about the heat. Once it cools down, I am freezing at 60F. I turned the heat on today because I woke up and it was 70 in the house. I like it around 78 all the time.

I know, I'm a pansy.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I would die in Phoenix. I can't handle that kind of heat. The best place I ever lived was Colorado with its dry air & cool nights. Deep snow I can take a lot better than 112°!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts