The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody besides me glad to see college football season? Looking for yall's low carb snack ideas.

Salt and pepper pork rinds dipped in a cream cheese dip or pimento cheese today.. Wish I had some Ultras to wash it down with.

Reactions: itissteve

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
Not that much on football, personally, but hockey season is coming up right behind football season and that calls for snacks, too. Pork rinds in a cream cheese dip is a favorite of mine, too, though if I'm lazy I'll just scoop sour cream into a dip dish and sprinkle some dried herbs or spices (garlic powder or seasoned salt or chives or, if I'm feeling up to it, Berbere seasoning or another hot but flavorful seasoning).

I also like little salami nuggets along with sliced pickled vegetables, with or without little squares of cheese, or sometimes just the pickle (I make my own). A mug cake would work if I'm feeling more like dessert than a savory snack. But I try not to watch too much hockey -- I keep thinking I have stuff I should be doing instead of watching 80 game a year. A shorter season would be more healthful, for sure.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I'm not much of a sports person, except for gymnastics and ice skating. When I'm watching movies though, I will snack on cucumber sticks and watermelon spears. More of the cucumber sticks. Christmas is my hard time of year - I have a cousin who fixes homemade goodie bags with lots of baked goods, but I will limit myself to one of each thing per day. And she cuts them into small pieces.

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next weekend I will have to have something beefy. I'm sure the Texas fans will be thinking pork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts