Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Colonoscopy anyone........

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MinisMom 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally took the plunge and let them schedule me for the big C. I had been putting that one off for some time.
I took my Doculax 2 days before, went on a clear liquid diet the day before and drank all my joy juice within the 2 hr. time period they told me, which, because of the Gastroparesis and my slow moving stomach was a miserable experience. (I sat around with the equivalent of a watermelon in my belly for quite some time, several hours). Then finally it began to move and I pooped all night, up until the next morning when it was time to go in for the procedure.
I go in, get prepped, take a little nap, wake up expecting it all to be over with only to be faced with....We have to do it again in 4 weeks.
WHAT???!!!! :eek:
Seems they couldn't see anything. How could they not see anything? There couldn't possibly have been anything left inside! Apparently there was though so I have to do that all over again this time on a 2 day clear liquid diet and this time I don't have to rush all the liquid down I can drink it over a period of 3 or 4 hrs.

My lovely other had to talk me into committing to doing it again 'cause I was like, Oh Hell No!
Then he says "It's official, you're full of crap".
Thanks Hunney.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
My mother was in her early 50's when she died from colon-rectal cancer so they have been on me to get one done for some time now. I'm 47.
They've prescribed me the exact same thing as last time to use.....:eek:hwell:
I don't see how there could be anything more aggressive to use, I mean that stuff really works you and works you and works you......

#4 ·
Not fun at all - a very unpleasant necessity. Just because a polyp was found last year when I had mine done, I urge you to grit your teeth & follow through. But make sure your doc notes on your chart that the purge is very difficult for you due to gastroparesis. Just because it's liquid doesn't mean it won't stall in your digestive tract. :hug:

#6 ·
I had one at 36. Miserable. BUT, had I not had it things could have been worse. They caught a nasty infection early. I will admit that the prep is terrible, but worth it to have a clear piece of mind. Of course I had NEVER had hemorrhoids before I had the "Big C"....now they are a big pain in the %#@. An RN friend said it was due to them using the wrong size of something I didn't want explained.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.