The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have had diabetes for 20 yrs. It started with gestational and progressed. I will be the first to admit I was in denial for the last 10 yrs and lived in denial. I am on multiple medications for numerous problems. I have high blood pressure, I take 3 meds for that amlodipine (5mg a day), lisinopril (80mg a day), and metoprolol (25mg a day). I use Lantus (36 units at night)and novolog (sliding scale). I also take protonix (40mg a day) for my acid reflux. I also have high cholesterol (40mg a day). And an aspirin a day. Oh, and I had my thyroid removed last year and take synthroid (125mcg) for that. I had labs done today and my alb/creat ratio was 716.75.
Ok, now I am scared...is that my kidneys or liver or both. I know that is high and it wasnt that level in July. I was taken off the Lantus for a few months and put on Metformin 2000mg a day, plus my Synthroid was raised to 137mcg, while I was on those meds..I started having severe heart palpitations... I started swelling in my legs and ankles, just issues I wasnt used to dealing with. I am wondering if some of my meds are causing my levels to go up so high. Is there anything I should do..or any suggestions? I am not in denial anymore. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Ginna !
i m sorry for ur condition. Even i m a diabetic for the last 21 years. However, till this time, i have successfully kept deadly side effects at a bay. i would suggest you to please do regular yoga and pranayaam (if u can do that) becuase that really helps to keep ur sugar level around the normal level. In my case, it has even helped me to decrease my insulin doses. However, i m not sure if u can do yoga with ur condition, but if you can, then please start doing that asap.

Please let me know if you want to share anything with me and i'll be very happy to help.

Best,
Kandy_1411

·
Registered
1 Posts
it would also be best if you consult your doctor on what kind of exercise is best for your condition. not all simple exercise may be applicable to all diabetics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts