The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power cord for my laptop got damaged today & is not now charging the computer. New cord has been ordered, but when the present charge runs down, I'll be off the grid. At least you'll know what ails me . . . :(

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I'll miss you, Shanny.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, starting tomorrow, too.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Oh, yuck! Sympathies!

(I'll spare you all my standard 3.5-hour rant on proprietary power chargers.)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
That happened to ours a few months back. We had to go to the apple store and buy a new one. I hope you don't get computer withdrawal. I know when we were on vacation we brought our laptop but both places we stayed had no wireless. It drove me crazy.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm back for the time being . . . we went ahead & ordered a new one but it won't be here 'til next week.

This dadgummed thing has one single pinhole-size crack in it, but apparently that's all it takes, because once I sealed it up with nail polish & wrapped it with electrical tape, it started charging. I had tried tape only & tried polish only, but the cussed thing wanted both . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Greedy little stinker isn't he? :)

When my desktop PC was down for 6 weeks last year I told my other half - "Next year we're getting a new PC and a laptop." He looked at me so I asked him "do you want to go w/o a PC again?" This Spring we got a new desktop PC as the old one was 11 years old and a laptop which the grandson does not get to play on :)

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
89 Posts
Shanny,

Try WalMart in the PC supplies area they carry assorted laptop power supplies and other type accessories.

Good luck and hurry back :drama:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Larry! I hadn't thought of Walmart carrying it, but we found what we think is a good buy online . . . $35? Would that be a good price?

·
Registered
80 Posts
do any of you guys still remember the time when there were no computers and the most high tech gadget we had was a scientific calculator?

remember game and watches instead of playstations?

when beepers were the rage before smartphones?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
do any of you guys still remember the time when there were no computers and the most high tech gadget we had was a scientific calculator?
We weren't allowed to use a calculator in class at university, only a slide rule.

This makes me feel old!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Oh my . . . one of the machines I trained on in business school was a comptrometer, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen one SINCE! :eek:

Marc - you're showing your age! :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh my . . . one of the machines I trained on in business school was a comptrometer, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen one SINCE! :eek:

Marc - you're showing your age! :D
Shanny:

I saw those things on the Discovery and History Channel :D I am still young!!!

have a good one y'all

MARC

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

I guess I'm really old because I have a gadget that is a hand held calculator but it doesn't run on batteries. It belonged to my Dad and he used it when he was in the Navy to add up prices of stuff he had to order on board ship. His job was store keeper.

I also remember paying a heap of money for my younger son to have a scientific calculator (Texas Instrument) in High School Calculus class. Three weeks after school started, someone in his class stole it from his locker. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
before strips, how did people find out their BG levels aside from a real blood test?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts