The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bs levals will be in the 270 range after a high carb meal ( up to 3 hours after eating). But the results of my c peptide and A1c3 are as follows:

C peptide 1.2 ng/mL ( non fasting)

my A1c3 was 5.6

I am going to a General Practioner for now and he thinks I am type 2 insulin dependent???????? Any info at all would be soooo sooooo helpful! I am totally confused :confused:

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Cut down on the carbs right now!

270 after 3 hrs means that it was probably much higher before getting down to 270

anything over 140 is doing damage.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And for your A1c to be that low, tantoria, you must be having some hellacious LOWS that counter those excruciating highs. My advice is get to a endocrinologist and soon. You may very well be type 2 and insulin dependent, but it's vital to your wellbeing to get control of it quickly. Cutting way back on the carbs will jump start the effort.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My bs levals will be in the 270 range after a high carb meal ( up to 3 hours after eating). But the results of my c peptide and A1c3 are as follows:

C peptide 1.2 ng/mL ( non fasting)

my A1c3 was 5.6

I am going to a General Practioner for now and he thinks I am type 2 insulin dependent???????? Any info at all would be soooo sooooo helpful! I am totally confused :confused:
You might make sure that you don't have gastroparesis. It slows the digestion of your food and can cause your blood glucose to be high hours after eating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You definately have a problem with readings that high after a meal high carb or not. As Shanny said you must be having some major swings to only be at 5.6, my A1c was 4.9 when I was diagnosed and I now know why I felt so bad at times.
You should pay close attention to ThoseBackPages, what he has done for himself in a period of only about 8 months is tremendous and shows what is possible with knowledge and determination.
There is a lot to learn, so ask questions, read and note your own experiences as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I back up things said by the other posters.

Most importantly of all go to talk about your results with your doctor.

Also, be careful regarding the amount of starchy carbohydrate that you are eating - i.e. cereals, bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, pizza etc.

Good luck and best wishes - John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys so much! I cut the carbs dn to around 120 or so a day about 4 weeks ago and that has been great! The problem is I cut my carbs about 10 daysBEFORE the A1C3 because I had just noticed I felt bad when I ate carbs, I had NO idea it was a blood sugar thing at that point. Wondering if that played into lower results? But I will occasionaly eat something I havnt tested yet to see what my bs will do and if it is high carb ( chineses with white rice and honey seared chicken) it goes nuts.
After researching last night I am thinking I am possibly a type 1 and a 1/2. I fit the profile perfectly. Anyone of you very familiar with that?I will also be making an apt with a endo today. Im just tired of this merry go round............

I back up things said by the other posters.

Most importantly of all go to talk about your results with your doctor.

Also, be careful regarding the amount of starchy carbohydrate that you are eating - i.e. cereals, bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, pizza etc.

Good luck and best wishes - John

·
Registered
40 Posts
I sort of disagree... From personal experience and what my doctors have told me some time before major swings are actually worse than highs and can result with a higher HbA1c than a slightly higher average.

My guess is that your BG steadily builds up to that point (might want to take some control tests at different intervals) and starts declining later coupled with a too low average.

Here I will agree with others: consult your endocrinologist. He/she knows about your body better than we do and he/she might want to run some tests.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Your C-peptide is in the normal range so its unlikely your a T1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts