The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. My question is on test results and what they could possibly mean.

A few years ago I was told I have reactive hypoglycemia. My blood glucose will drop into the 50's, what seems randomly during the day. This doesn't happen every day, but 1-2 times a week. It seems to be increasing recently.

Fasting Glucose is (90)
Fasting Insulin is (3.7)
A1C is (4.8)
Random Blood Glucose is (74)

I do not take any daily medication. I am not over-weight and my only significant diagnosis is Fibromyalgia.

Any thoughts on why I suffer from hypoglycemic episodes?

·
Registered
633 Posts
People that I know that have hypoglycimia do better eating 6 or 7 small meals a day.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think hypoglycemia is something not really well understood by doctors. It seems many of us with Type 2 diabetes started out with hypoglycemia for many years before diabetes. With a functioning endocrine system when your bg starts going low your pancreas puts out a hormone called glucagon which signals liver to convert stored glycogen into glucose keeping bg pretty stable. But sometimes the signals get mixed up and your body produces too much or not enough glycogen. Many type 2's have the opposite problem when their glucagon kicks in when their bgs are not low and spikes them. Most dieticians will recomend mini meals throughout the day with complex carbs, things with lots of fiber. This sometimes will trick the endocrine system into keeping bgs stable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have p c o s and that was the cause of my diabetes I just put on a bunch of weight and lost control I had to go on meds after that

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I know this post is from about a month ago, but someone bumped it up at the top again, so this is the first time I have seen it.

simpletimes, I believe this site will help you out. It is for people who have both fibromyalgia and hypoglycemia.
Fibromyalgia and Hypoglycemia

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Edward? If you would please, go to the Introductions board & make a new thread telling us about yourself and how you manage your diabetes. This will help us all get aquainted more quickly than you dropping a message here & there.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
I got idea from my irregular hunger.It was not with me before diabetes but suddenly i felt a change in my self and i was felt hunger again and again in day .
This is really being in touch with your body. Those things happened to me also, but gradually over time, and as my weight and cravings increased, I assigned all sorts of psychological reasons to it. It was relevatory that the cause was physiological.

After my diagnosis and getting my blood sugar under control, and feeling so much better, I was saddened by how I had come to accept not feeling well as normal. It can sneak up on us, and it's so important to be attentive as you were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts