1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :),
hope everyone is doing good.
I have few doubts.....please clear me.

Today after a big lunch of veg and carbs ( no fats) i checked my blood glucose. After one hour it was 123 mg/dl. But after two hour it was 138 mg/dl.
But the two hour reading is suppose to be lower than the one hour reading isn't it? Why is mine rising after one hour?

This same thing happens every time, no matter what i eat. My two hour reading is always greater than one hour reading. How is this possible? what's making mine work so different???
please help................

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
There could be many reasons. For instance the protein content might be high.
Also try and not have "big" meals. Portion control also helps in BG management.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Rohini, remember that not all carbs are fast acting carbs. Some carbs are processed slowly while others are processed quickly. The quickly processed carbs will give us a high number after 1 hour and then our reading will start going down at two hours. The slowly processed carbs will rise at 1 hour, 2 hours and possibly even after 3 or four hours before starting to fall.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
A big meal is slower to digest hence a later peek. Fiber also slows down a BG rise

and this is a BIGY.... YMMV. for you it looks like big meals peek later, since you dont give BG for other times it could be that you are going higher at 2 1/2 or 3 hours.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
I have often found that I peak at nearer to 2 hrs than 1 hr. I mentioned this on the board some time ago, and found that a few others do the same.

It could be what has been mentioned above, and it could be that your 2nd phase insulin response is at times sluggish and doesn't kick in until near the 2 hr pp. [added] Or isn't enough to cover a large meal.

My solution to thishas been to reduce the peak (whenever it is) - I eat lots of fats and very few carbs. It works for me.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I also peak at around 2 hours after meals. It doesn't matter whether the meal is large or small, and my meal proportions are always 80 - 85% fat. I think it is simply a matter of individual body chemistry.

Interestingly enough, I have recently developed heartburn problems. Most people say such problems are reduced after adopting a LCHF diet - I never used to have it and now I do! Go figure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Kanitim
thanks for your help :)
I don't think i have GAstroparasis as I never had the problem of vomiting. I really appreciate your effort in helping me. :)

@everyone
Thanks a lot for your replies. It really matters for me. I had a good idea about the issue. Thanks a ton. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts