The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I've posted on here recently regarding my daughter who has had some high blood sugars recently, as well as a fasting at a lab in the 130s. She has an upcoming pediatric endo appt for suspected diabetes. Today, however, she had 2 sugars (one after nap and one before bed) in the 80s, which was very bizarre. I've been checking it here and there in the past few weeks, and it's ranged from low 100s to high 100s and a few randoms over 200. But now today she's had normal readings. I actually checked it because I thought it was high because she was in a really bad mood, crying/tantruming for no reason. Having these numbers in the 80s now, could she possibly NOT have diabetes???

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Diabetes is the bodies inability to regulate BG. with a reading over 200 She needs to see an Md. one reading or 2 that are normal do NOT negate the high readings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely its called being in control. that is how we stay alive and prevent complications.
She's not on insulin yet though..we're seeing pediatric endo this week for diagnosis of possible diabetes due to elevated fasting numbers and some random high numbers. I realize once you're on insulin you can have some normal numbers...but she's not.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
A normal number does not mean she is not diabetic. only means at that time her BG was normal.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I dont all the reasons blood sugar can be high, its losable she's not diabetic. but something is up with BG ~200 I think. So see the MD. and find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts