The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed T1 about 2.5 months ago. I had lost 10lbs or so prior to being diagnosed. What is troubling is that I continue to lose weight after starting insulin and bringing my numbers under control. For the first month and a half after diagnosis, I was usually taking in <100g of carbs a day, and probably wasn't getting enough calories. In the past couple of weeks, I've really ramped up the calories(between 2500 to 3000 a day) and have been taking in 150-160g of carbs a day while watching my weight closely. I'm 6'1" 165lb and 2500-3000 calories a day is maintaining this weight at best. Is this normal soon after diagnosis? I'm waiting on GI bloodwork results, but that doctor didn't seem concerned as my BMI "is not horrible"... his words.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi sleclere my opinion I think that is normal, because now you are diagnosed with this disease, is not that you have a few years and is the only occurs after several years. This is mainly because you have to keep blood sugar under control by not exceeding the food. In a word should eat to what is thy personal doctor recommends. So I made ​​and the top and began to lose weight and eat regular meals now that with my doctor recommended. I recommend this pack is often carry the same weight by not moving from 60 kg to 70 kg directly but always stay 60 or 62 kg and is again 60, 62 or 61
. If you have not made ​​a doctor's consultation with the diabetes diet should do it as soon as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts