The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to fine out what kind of cookes other people eat.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
This morning I've been eating the little doughnut doodads I made last week . . . I had dusted them with cinnamon & erythritol crystals, and I think they'd be good frosted like a regular sugar cookie too.

Here is an edit of that recipe, since I tweaked it by not deep frying. I like them better pan-fried & they're lower calorie too. Much more like a cookie.

• 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg (rounded)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp heavy cream
  • 1 jumbo egg
  • 1/4 cup sugar equivalent in a substitute (I used a liquid for zero carbs)
  • For Topping: 3 packets powdered sugar substitute, such as Splenda
  • Pinch cinnamon
Preparation:
1. Mix sweetener with cinnamon, and set aside. 2. Whisk dry ingredients together. Whisk egg with other wet ingredients, add to dry ingredients, and whisk to combine well.
3. Fry like pancakes in a little butter until golden.

6. Sprinkle sweetener and cinnamon mixture over both sides of the doughnuts/cookies.
Makes 12, each about 2½ inches in diameter.

·
Registered
633 Posts
my favorite cookies are chocolate chip with walnuts. man those sound good might have to go make some.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This morning I've been eating the little doughnut doodads I made last week . . . I had dusted them with cinnamon & erythritol crystals, and I think they'd be good frosted like a regular sugar cookie too.

Here is an edit of that recipe, since I tweaked it by not deep frying. I like them better pan-fried & they're lower calorie too. Much more like a cookie.

• 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp heavy cream
  • 1 jumbo egg
  • Pinch cinnamon
Preparation:
1. Mix sweetener with cinnamon, and set aside. 2. Whisk dry ingredients together. Whisk egg with other wet ingredients, add to dry ingredients, and whisk to combine well.

6. Sprinkle sweetener and cinnamon mixture over both sides of the doughnuts/cookies.
i will see if i can get some made. i will then get back to you.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
none! lol

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
You have more self-control than I. Sadly, I've got a HUGE sweet tooth. I enjoy the Murray Sugar-Free Shortbread cookies. 8 cookies is 21 carbs, 4 sugar alcohol.
i hear you. i used to be a slave to food! lol

·
Registered
12 Posts

• 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp heavy cream
  • 1 jumbo egg
  • Pinch cinnamon
Preparation:

Shanny, thank you for the recipe! I just made them - they came out very pancake like and delicious! If I can save some (beyond today ;) will they take on a more cookie texture?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Shanny, thank you for the recipe! I just made them - they came out very pancake like and delicious! If I can save some (beyond today ;) will they take on a more cookie texture?
Depends if you like your cookies crisp or not . . . mine were more like a soft cookie. I'm thinking I'll add nuts to the next batch.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
All RIGHT! I added chopped pecans & a very small amount of chopped raisins tonight, and I think they're terrific! 'Course I'm the one who's a nut for texture!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
All RIGHT! I added chopped pecans & a very small amount of chopped raisins tonight, and I think they're terrific! 'Course I'm the one who's a nut for texture!
nice pun! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts