The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My search for the right consistancy of cookie has landed on this. This is a base recipe I did, It would make a really good, chocolate chip, pecan, coconut, walnut, whatever, peanut butter.

Made the whole batch in my food processor.

1-1/2 cups blanched white almonds, grinded to a flour like consistancy
1 egg
1 cup Splenda, few drops of lemon juice
dash of salt
1/2 tps baking soda
1 tps of cream of tartar
1/2 cup of packed shredded swiss cheese (think white cheddar would also work)
2 tbs of coconut oil

Fire up the blades, this will form a ball in your processor, keep going until blended.

I had to flatten them out, they will not fall to much. I baked them at 400 for 17 minutes.

Crisp, chewy, very good.

Reactions: Patdart

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't, sort of like cheese cake type thing.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Marty, I made these cookies today adding dark chocolate chips and pecans. I was not sure about the measurement for the almonds; are you supposed to measure the almonds (whole) to 1-1/2 cups and then grind them, or 1-1/2 cups once ground? I used almond meal/flour instead of using almonds, but I think it worked out okay. I also think I flattened the dough too much before baking. The 17 minutes at 400 was WAY too long in my oven. It worked better with the second tray for 13 minutes. The taste is good, in substituting this for a real chocolate chip cookie, and is a nice treat for a low carber/diabetic. I used the Taste Like Sugar rather than Splenda, and I'm not sure I'm crazy about the slightly bitter taste of it. I'm not sure it is the sweetener or the almond meal. In any case thanks for this recipe. It is nice to know I can eat a cookie with my coffee now! ;)

Reactions: MCS

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Marty, just wanted to report back that even though I overcooked the cookies, they were a big hit with everyone on Easter! Even my 1 yr old great nephew ate one! It made me feel good that it was "organic" enough that his Mom and Dad felt comfortable allowing him to eat one. They feed him mostly organic foods.

Next batch I will bake a bit less time and flatten a bit less.

Reactions: MCS

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I believe I used whole almonds then ground them up, but your recipe sounded like it came ojt good. I tried this with pecans, walnuts, peanuts, dark chocolate, all were good. I was thinking maybe turning them into chocolate by adding some cocoa powder.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thank you for this. They are not the same as the Carby ones, but the chocolate chip cookies I made tonight with your recipe were spectacular!

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vanilla with these is optional

Reactions: Patdart

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm still loving these. Had to substitute 1/3 coconut flour as I ran out of almond...a little harder but still great. Apart from 60 % cacao chips, what else is good to incorporate?

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Walnuts, pecans, macadamia, dried unsweetened berries, cranberry unsweetened, coconut, etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts