The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything or does anyone take corosolic acid, alpha lipoic acid and fish oil to help control BGLs??

I was doing some reading on Biosignature Modulation (quite an interesting topic, in itself) and the supplement suggestion was the three listed above. I then googled corosolic acid and insulin and came up with a few interesting research articles about it. Now, granted, the research was done on mice and I havent looked into enough to know it well enough. The "coach" or guy who developed the Biosignature Modulation also recommended the low carb/GI, high fat diet.

Anyway, after reading those I thought I'd come here and search the forum to see if they have ever been mentioned here but my search came up empty.

Thoughts, comments??

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Haven't heard of corosolic acid, but I do take both R-ALA & fish oil. Check members' signatures - you'll find a lot of us use these.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What Shanny said. :)

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I'm apparently allergic to fish or maybe just catfish which is common here for parties...so, until I get in to see my late husband's younger partner who is an allergist, I'm no longer taking fish oil. ALA I do take but not regularly, some days I remember it, some days not.

Does anyone have any thoughts about fish allergy?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I tried the ALA and evening Primrose, but they really didn't do much for my bgs. The only thing that works for me is metformin and low carb diet. The supplements I do take are calcium, vitamin D, B 12, CoQ10 and melatonin to prevent stress hormones at night.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I just ordered Chia oil. I have been taking flax oil plus a vegetarian supplement of EPA/DHA, but the website I bought it from does not seem to be able to keep it in stock.

ALA made no difference, to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts