The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is 31 and her kidneys are shutting down. At birth she was without Oxygen for 5 minutes and her kidneys were damaged. Her doctor feels like she will need a transplant next year.
It is very hard for me to watch this process. I would like to be of help to her.
I know I probably wont even be allowed to be tested due to diabetes and my MS, but I sure wished I could be. This hurts.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Tough stuff, I'm so sorry. It has to be a terrible helpless feeling not to be able to give what you so desperately want to. :hug:

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
What a mess you face. I'm so sorry, but I would offer or at least ask if I were you. Maybe you could if your kidneys are in good shape. Fingers crossed for all of you! Keep us posted about this, please. Meanwhile good thoughts surround you!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'm so sorry, weaver. For all your medical issues, this has to be the most painful. Let us know how this is going - we will so keep you & your daughter in our thoughts & prayers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this! I wish there was something that I could do to help.. please know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts