The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed out this morning. After I came to and crawled back to my bedroom, I checked my blood sugar and it was 338, which is the highest reading I've ever had. I have vasovagal syncope, but the last time I passed out was over 3 years ago. I don't remember eating anything last night that would've raised my blood sugar that high. (It wasn't even that high at diagnosis.) Could passing out raise my blood sugar, or do you think the syncope episode is more likely due to the high blood sugar? I know y'all aren't doctors, but so many of you are more versed in diabetes than I am. I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just opinion.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Are you able to call or email your doctor?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also agree. Either your BG is low or high, or normal, but sudden pass out is enough to seek for medical / emergency help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did call her. After playing phone tag for a couple days, I have an appointment Monday morning to recheck my sugar. It's back down to where it usually is now. I'm pretty sure it was the syncope disorder. With vasovagal syncope, I don't stay out very long. I had 911 called several years ago when I was working in retail and a customer found me passed out in the middle of an aisle. No more ambulance rides for me!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Whew! You may need to ask for an emergency number, when you see her. (Hope there is one.)

Fingers still crossed. Stay well!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Yes, it could be the diabetes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts