The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out a way to make a crust for a cheesecake? I know there are lots of ways to make a crustless cheesecake, but hubby says it's just not the same. Would love to figure out how to make some kind of diabetic friendly crust. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Nut crusts ROCK! You can use anything from almond flour to ground up walnuts and sweet, to savory. They are all LOVELY!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nut crusts ROCK! You can use anything from almond flour to ground up walnuts and sweet, to savory. They are all LOVELY!
That's what I did with my cheesecake - A mix of ground almond meal, finely chopped pecan and peanut, along with butter and splenda. I didn't measure anything, I just eyeballed it all and it worked out OK.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I agree 100% nut crusts rule....my daughter said it was the first time in her life that the crust was as yummy as the cheesecake

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I like to grind pecans, add some melted butter and a little sweetner. Sometimes I add a little vanilla whey powder to help bind it together.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to make a crust for a cheesecake? I know there are lots of ways to make a crustless cheesecake, but hubby says it's just not the same. Would love to figure out how to make some kind of diabetic friendly crust. Any ideas out there?
I was just wondering about this the other day. I don't eat most nuts, but I love cashews. I was thinking about putting some in the food chopper and trying to make a crust that way. From these posts, I'm guessing I need to get some almond flour.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I dont use any flour...Id grind some of the nuts a little finer....add say 120gm/4oz melted butter and squish it all together...then put it in the bottom on a springform tin and I push it down to make it firmer with the bottom of a glass...then I pop it in the freezer for 1/2 hour while I make the filling....then its quite firm b4 it goes in the oven

1 - 8 of 8 Posts