The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l
Infectious Diabetes: A Cutting-Edge Approach to Stopping One of America's Fastest Growing Epidemics in Its Tracks (Fungus Link Series)
This is a book I came across when readying an article about Drew Carey. He says he curried his diabetes by following a "anti fungal diet" I am curious if anyone has read this book by Doug Kaufman? I will be back with more on this. HBS

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Drew Carey lost a lot of weight & got off his meds, but he did NOT cure is diabetes, regardless of what he thinks or these reporters think. The instant he'd go back to his old ways, he'd be right back where he started - still with diabetes.

As for anti-fungals - if I have to stop eating mushrooms, there's gonna be six kinds of hell to pay. Here's a little info on Doug Kaufmann:
Doug Kaufmann is the star of the show "Know the Cause," shown on DirecTV and DISH channels. His theories are purported to be based on both science and religion. Source

Dear lord, not another celebrity expert. Not another Dr. Oz. Haven't we suffered enough?!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I remember when Drew Carey lost all that weight. How do we know that he didn't have By-pass surgery. The only way I know to cure diabetes is with Gastric Bypass. But even with that I'm not sure we know the long term effects 10 years down the road. But like Shanny said most of us who change our diets, no matter what they are will lose weight and lower bgs as long as we stick to our diet.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I read the interview wheb Drew Carey claimed to have cured himself. He also stated.after he was joking and knows it will be a life time issue and plans to stay on track.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
206 Posts
The instant he'd go back to his old ways, he'd be right back where he started - still with diabetes.
This is exactly what made me fall off the wagon oh so many times! I was in total and utter denial thinking that because I was off meds and doing so well that I was cured. Sometimes I could even get away with a treat or two, or a good ol' lasagna with garlic bread thus giving me the false impression I was cured... only for diabetes to come back with a vengence and bite me in the behind! There is no cure. Sad but true.

I don't want to comment on that Drew Carey person because I don't know him, never hear of him.

Reactions: Shanny
1 - 7 of 7 Posts