The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the D Buddy app and have a few questions about it.

If my glucose meter (Freestyle) shows 159, then I put 159.0 in D Buddy, right? First I just typed in the numbers 1 5 9 and it was reading 15.9; that isn't correct, right?

For the food listings, it is using net carbs. I want to use total carbs in the daily count. Is there a way to change that?

If not, what number should I use in the daily carbs? I want to have it be 150 total carbs daily.

30 breakfast
15 snack
30 lunch
15 snack
45 dinner
15 snack

(I know that seems high to a lot of people here, but since I am new, I want to start with what the diabetic nutritionist told me to do and figure out what I really need from there. At least it is lower than what the dietitians are using with my mom in the hospital. Yep, she's still there!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have been using this app since i was daig 3 months ago. i really enjoy it for tracking all my stuff.
you are right. you will have to always put a 0 at the end of your BG reading 1290 for a 129. do not know of a way for it to monitor total carbs vs net carbs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Did you figure out how to view a graph? When I go to the graph, I just get a flat line, but there is more than one entry, so I expect to see a chart.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
322 Posts
You might need to change the range of the scale, there are buttons that say; week, month, year. That's what I did

1 - 4 of 4 Posts