The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started keeping track of my BG and diet. My results are below.

I just want to know if this looks right or should I be doing something else?

Day 1

Waking BG: 100
Breakfast: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, kale powder and water
1 hour BG: 104
2 hour BG: 106
Mid morning: Protein shake (plant based) with veggies, coconut oil, and water
1 hour BG: 114
2 hour BG: 100
Lunch: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, supergreens powder and water
1 hour BG: 101
2 hour BG: 105
Mid day: Protein shake (plant based) with veggies, coconut oil, and water
1 hour BG: 107
2 hour BG: 104
Dinner: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, cabbage and water
1 hour BG: 105
2 hour BG: 93
Last meal: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, kale powder and water
1 hour BG: 115
2 hour BG: 111

Day 2

Waking BG: 99
Breakfast: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, kale powder and water
1 hour BG: 109

I will post the rest once day 2 is complete.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Dante.....welcome
You are following an eating routine that is void of meat. Are you a vegetarian or?

Your primary source for fat is coconut oil and some nuts? And for protein you eat Protein Shakes and some nuts.

Is this something completely new for you or have you been a vegetarian for some time?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
div2live,

I am very new to all of this, so I figured the best way to start, would be to eat the lowest carb/healthiest forms of food, and see how my body adjusts. I am not much of a red meat eater, but do like fish and chicken. I plan to add more foods in as I go, but since everyone has stated that this is a slow process, I wanted to start from the basics and work my up. So far it appears to be working. As you can see from my day 2 & 3 chart.

I would appreciate any feedback you have though.

Day 2

Waking BG: 99
1 hour BG: 109

Mid day: Protein w/veggies, superfood powder, water
1 hour BG: 111
2 hour BG: 104

Lunch: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, chia seeds and water
1 hour BG: 91
2 hour BG: 95

Late day: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, superfood powder and water
1 hour BG: 96
2 hour BG: 83

Dinner: Big salad and nuts
1 hour BG: 96

Felt strange, so I had some cheese and nuts
1 hour BG: 92

Day 3

Waking BG: 89 (This is the lowest waking BG ever, I took it twice to verify.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to calculate the carbs, but it's not as easy I hoped. The nuts and cheese are fairly easy, but the veggies are not.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Dante....I can see that you are working hard at 'eating healthy' but your blood sugar readings do not suggest any health issues that need to be dealt with. Most of us here have been diagnosed with diabetes. We do have some here that are not diabetic but have read information on following a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) life style and then started following that model.

Can you tell us about what your goals are for improving your health? What specific outcomes are you looking for?

Meanwhile, you can learn more about our LCHF model by reading all the information on the website www.bloodsugar101

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Dante....I can see that you are working hard at 'eating healthy' but your blood sugar readings do not suggest any health issues that need to be dealt with. Most of us here have been diagnosed with diabetes. We do have some here that are not diabetic but have read information on following a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) life style and then started following that model.

Can you tell us about what your goals are for improving your health? What specific outcomes are you looking for?

Meanwhile, you can learn more about our LCHF model by reading all the information on the website www.bloodsugar101
OP's profile says he's prediabetic; based on that, he's probably hoping to keep his condition from progressing.

Reactions: MaJoie

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I would suggest measuring before your meal. It could be that you are starting out at 100, and staying a level 107 at 1hr or you could be starting at 70 and spiking up to 107 at 1hr. Without the premeal test, you just don't know.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am trying to calculate the carbs, but it's not as easy I hoped. The nuts and cheese are fairly easy, but the veggies are not.
Use an online tracking site, like my fitness pal. Sites like that have databases of food, so you search for the food you are eating, enter the quantity, it will log all of the relevant details (including carbs)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts