The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
challenge.jpg

Would anyone be interested in doing a daily, weekly, monthly or a 365-day challenge for 2018?

What are some ideas that you have that might be fun for us?

• Fitness
  • Photography
  • Writing Goals
  • Learn Something New

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
I'm in for anything but goal writing. We do mid-year and year-end goals at work and I absolutely loathe the idea of writing goals.

If we do fitness related challenges, I kind of like doing the goal challenges (I know what I just said, but this is not the same thang - sp intended). Its not competing with others to do the most, its setting out to do what you say you can do and doing it. If you set high goals or low goals, it doesn't matter, its the motivation that you feel compelled to do get up and do it. The fitness activity could change weekly. I'm also good for see who can kick butt challenges too.

We could get a list of challenges together and do a weekly poll, and the members could select each week's challenge. We could do it for each categoy -fitness, photography, whatever - individually or all lumped together. I can see a combination event here for pictures you take while out on a walk or run or bike ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
any performers? hack stuff? You know, put yourself out there!

I'd do a photo a week. I'd do a fiddle tune a week. I don't draw!

f-d

·
Registered
632 Posts
any performers? hack stuff? You know, put yourself out there!

I'd do a photo a week. I'd do a fiddle tune a week. I don't draw!

f-d
I do photography and compose and write music (built my own portable music studio to occupy my time during the winter months).

A forum that demonstrates some form of artistic creativity. Great idea!

·
Coconuthead
491 Posts
Art Projects, Yes!

Just recently, meaning the last couple of years of retirement in which I do things very slowly, started hacking at guitars and may start hacking at a keyboard, but hacking at it is all I do, nothing recordable or presentable beyond my bedroom. :angel2:

But, I would love to hear what others do or see what others produce. I love art in all its forms. I love beautiful landscapes as I can hear a symphony from the beauty and glory of the great outdoors.

:angel:​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts