The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not completely sure I believe this, but a diabetic friend does. Dandruff is caused by a kind of yeast and sugar causes the yeast to grow. So having low blood sugar helps prevent dandruff. This is all new to me. Wash your hair in apple cider vinegar and it kills the yeast and your dandruff is gone. Repeat once every two weeks. Use lots of shampoo after the vinegar wash to help eliminate the smell.

I had terrible dandruff while growing up, and well into my adulthood. The dandruff stopped about the time I found I should eat low carb. I was eating far fewer carbs/sugar and the dandruff disappeared. Maybe there is something to this.

I prefer vinegar in my salad, but if I ever have dandruff again, maybe I should pour some over my hair as well, but not at the same time I am eating my salad. That could get very messy.

Sysy Morales wrote the blog about dandruff and vinegar. Here is her blog:

The Girl's Guide to Diabetes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found out that my dandruff problem is reducing day by day- There are plenty of home remedies for dandruff: rubbing a cut onion on your head, massaging your scalp with three-day-old cheese, rinsing with vinegar. Some may actually help, but they leave a lot to be desired, aesthetically speaking. That’s why most complementary approaches focus on treating the problem from the inside out — with diet and nutritional supplements. Here are some of the most common suggestions:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I never used to have dandruff, but have had it for a year or 2 now...I will try the vinegar rinse and see how it works...I can taste the sourness just thinking about the vinegar! Funny.

Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Interesting about the apple cider vinegar. I have seborrhea but it's so well-controlled with T-Gel shampoo that I don't get dandruff anymore. And I use a soap called ZNP on my face so it doesn't show up there either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts