The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
As a poor expatriot Brit living in France, Dannon Light & Fit(Carb & Sugar Control) isn't on offer over here. So I can only say that the use of the words "Light" , "Carb and Sugar Control" would automatically put me on my guard against it.:rolleyes:

But that's my instincts speaking. There is only one way to check its impact on your blood glucose and that is to test it. What it does to others doesn't mean it will do the same to you. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patdart said:
John's right...your very own meter has to be your boss. Also, read the carb count and other ingredients closely also. I haven't tried it...I make my own.
Can I please get copy of that recipe?

·
Registered
916 Posts
have made my own yogurt in the slowcooker/crockpot every 2 weeks ,since I saw the recipe here.
easy & so much cheaper not to mention is taste, sooooooo good.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Whats the secret?
lol no secret. in fact I can't even count the folks who now make their own after I told them.

I found the recipe here then I goggled it. crockpot yogurt.

the only thing you buy is 1./2 gal milk. first time making it, buy a small carton of plain yogurt for your culture. actually you can buy yogurt makers but I like a lot of it & the slowcooker makes a lot. mine is 6qt size & it makes enough for a week or so.
I strain it over a large bowl with coffee filters to make greek style.then I just store it in glass jars in the fridge.

do a search here. you will find all the info you need.

Btw yogurt does not spike me but milk does lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
I like the Dannon yogurt you mentioned. It was a heaven sent for me. Only 3 carbs. I can only get it in strawberry and vanilla but I am proud to get that. It does not affect my bg but you could be different. Some people say Krogers has the store brand yogurt and is very low carb but we don't have a store around here. Think Shanny mentioned it one time. The vanilla is fun to add flavors to and I will throw about 5 blueberries in there sometimes. Great for a fast breakfast.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Carb Smart at Kroger in only a few carbs (6-8) and has a variety of flavors. I don't shop at Krogers so I frequently run out of it. I need to make a stop for more!

Barbara

·
Registered
169 Posts
lol no secret. in fact I can't even count the folks who now make their own after I told them.

I found the recipe here then I goggled it. crockpot yogurt.

the only thing you buy is 1./2 gal milk. first time making it, buy a small carton of plain yogurt for your culture. actually you can buy yogurt makers but I like a lot of it & the slowcooker makes a lot. mine is 6qt size & it makes enough for a week or so.
I strain it over a large bowl with coffee filters to make greek style.then I just store it in glass jars in the fridge.

do a search here. you will find all the info you need.

Btw yogurt does not spike me but milk does lol
I assume you use whole milk?

I am eager to try this....I usually just buy plain whole milk yogurt, I believe its called Brown Cow, then add some vanilla, and perhaps some sugar-free jelly, but its expensive.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wish you could make almond milk yogurt. Lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
Recipe Ingredients for Almond Milk Yogurt (homemade in crockpot)
8 cups Almond breeze
1/2 cup yogurt, nonfat, plain
Recipe Directions for Almond Milk Yogurt (homemade in crockpot)
Use a 4 qt crock pot.

Wash thoroughly crock insert, lid, 1/2 cup measuring cup, small bowl and tablespoon and rinse with boiling water. Set aside.

Pour half gallon (8 cups) of almong milk into crock pot and cover.

Heat on low setting for 2.5 hrs.

Turn off crockpot and let sit undisturbed for 3 hours.

Take out 2 cups of lukewarm milk and stir in yogurt starter.

Return to crockpot and mix into remain milk with tablespoon.

Replace lid and cover whole crockpot with heavy towel (do not turn heat back on).

Let sit overnight (or 8 hrs).

Refrigerate and enjoy.

Categories

Breakfast, Advance, Slow Cook, Gluten-Free

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 255.3g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 50Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.2g5%
Saturated Fat 0.2g1%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 1mg0%
Sodium 161mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 3.1g1%
Dietary Fiber 1.0g4%
Sugars 1.1g
Protein 1.8g
Vitamin A 10% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 23% • Iron 2%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Legend

Fat
Protein
Carbs
Alcohol
Other

Calorie Breakdown
You can make it out of almond milk in crockpot too. Wow

Read more: Almond Milk Yogurt (Homemade in Crockpot) Recipe | Healthy Recipe Ideas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts