Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Day 1 and what a headache!!!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ThoseBackPages 
#1 ·
This is what I ate today. No Hunger...But it's 8:30 P.M. and I had a headache since after 2 P.M. MY BS has dropped a few times today. For breakfast I ha 2 eggs fried in butter with 2 pieces of bacon. I mug of coffee with heavy cream., 1 pkg splenda. After my aquafit class I was 3.3 so I had a Cheesestik and 1 water bottle.Lunch was salad, 1/2 avocado, 2 tbsp ceasar dressing( Renee's)4oz bbq chicken. 1 cherry sugar free jello. ! water bottle. I was 4.4 before dinner For Dinner I had 1 water bottle . 5 oz beef steak. broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. 1 diet pepsi and 1 sugar free jello a few pecans. I still have a headache.It is now 2 hours after dinner and I am 3.6. What should I eat?? Iam NOT hungry ...That in itself is HUGE but I am too low. Not sure what to eat?? I am suppossed to take 13 units of Levemir but cannot If it stays soo low. Not sure what to do and what to eat??

#3 ·
Glad you got relief - I was about to suggest a handful of nuts - same difference, eh? :) I think I went low-carb gradually enough that I never experienced flu-like symptoms, but I'd be willing to bet that's what ails you. I hope it subsides quickly.

Isn't it incredible to not be hungry?!!

#4 ·
i hear you. more often then you think, i have to remember to eat. crazy that my old self never missed a meal! LOL

have you thought about trying glucose tabs?

#5 ·
Shanny, I DON'T do anything gradually. I am a black and white type of person. No grey areas.So, I gave up potatoes, bread, sugar, rice , pasta flour, oats, etc... all at once.Yes, NOT being hungry is amazing!!
Those Back Pages...I do have Glucotabs but NOT sure how many to take. Not sure what to do over night. How do you know how much insulin to take If you are already LOW ?
Thank you both for your responses.

#6 ·
wish i had the answers you seek. i am T2 not taking medication at this time, controlled with diet and exercise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.