The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Delicious Nutritious Low-carb Chicken Wrap

Sauce:
1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream (full fat, if you're going for low carb)
1 - 1½ tbsp. diced jalapenos (pickled ones from a jar) or to taste
1 - 1½ tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
coupla twists of fresh ground black pepper

Filling:
fresh leaf spinach
diced chicken
canned black beans, drained
avocado slices
diced tomato & onion (or just use salsa)

10" flour tortillas (low-carb option: Olé Xtreme Wellness brand - high fiber low carb - nutritional information)

Fill the wrap like you would any other burrito or whatever: Spread sauce down the center, followed by a good layer of spinach leaves. Spoon on the chicken & beans, followed by the avocado slices. Add the tomato/onions and/or a glug of salsa.

Now if you can get the thing rolled up or "wrapped", you're better than I. It isn't finger food. But it's splendid.

And since I touted these as being nutritious, wouldn't it be nice if I'd include the nutritional values?!!! :rolleyes:

one wrap serving:
calories: 265
calories from fat: 163
total fat: 33g
saturated fat: 4g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 42mg
sodium: 391mg
total carbs: 14g
dietary fiber: 10g
sugars: 1g
protein: 24g

vitamin A: 59%
vitamin C: 22%
calcium: 12%
iron: 15%

·
Registered
663 Posts
Aww Shanny, That is very nice. :eek: Makes me think of doing just that. :D Thanks for sharing. So that's my lunch tomorrow. ;):D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be sure to tell me how you like it, Peter . . . we just think it's scrumptious! :D :hungry: :D

Now I gotta do another roast chicken soon . . . we ran outta leftovers! :bounce:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Lunch.

OK Shanny, Just a little difference to the recipe as I had tortilla, Lettuce, red onion, roma tomato, garlic with olive oil. The chicken was cut into strips fried with olive oil and whatever herb that's in the pantry.

Shanny, It is wonderful. :D So what is next in your kitchen?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts