The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

What do you think of the design of diabetesforum.com?

• I really like this design, wow

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • I like the design but I don't like the logo

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I don't like the design at all

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'm not sure yet ...

Votes: 5 21.7%
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
I think asking for feedback is really good. I put up web sites and actually find it extremely difficult to get feedback. People seem to not want to say anything negative. I suppose most people must be touchy about that sort of stuff maybe, and that's why?

Personally I don't mind at all. If I have egg on my face, I'd like to know so I can get it off. (and it happens often enough, like about every 10 minutes)

So just a couple of minor comments. I don't really like the color, especially after someone mentioned blood (eek) Even one of the big macho boxers mentioned he can't stand the sight of blood (if it's his own :) ).

And another totally minor thing is the edit policy. Often enough I will think of something I posted but want to finesse. Get back to it and I've missed the edit time line and can't do it. (sigh)

I am a bit active in 2 really large forums that allow almost infinite editing. You can even delete your post months after you posted it. I do have a single long post here I'd like to slice down to a few lines. But it's not a big deal.

Mostly it's the people in the place and this has been nice. (especially Shanny :) )

I'm just in the process of moving to another city and will probably not have much time for forums anyway. It's been a bit of bedlam for the last while. I just had a bit of time tonight and dropped by.

I do not know how you people keep the forum so free of spam. Total shock. I have never seen any, any time that I've been here. Enthusiasm I guess.

WTF is an empty bath? (in the smiley section now) Oh well, guess I'll see someone use it in a post and understand. maybe

best wishes

· Registered
17 Posts
In my opinion, it is a time format that I can understand. That is the main thing.
The time format isn't the problem (I'm glad the forum software doesn't indulge in the silly pretence that the day is only 12 hours long, instead of 24, but I can put up with said pretence) -- as I've already pointed out, it's the date format that's borked.

As this is an international forum, the only acceptable (as in, acceptable to all, not just to you) options are (1) user-selectable date format or (2) failing that, if there must be one date format which is set in stone for everyone, the only acceptable one is International (yyyy-mm-dd). vBulletin 3.8.6 is easily capable of both these options, so why has this still not been fixed after three years? This is the main reason why I don't appear here much.

· Registered
343 Posts
Hi Robert,

I would not care if they changed the dating. It does not matter to me. What matters is the quality of what we talk about here.

I am sorry that this is keeping you from coming here. I hope it is not keeping others from coming here.

Ruth

· Registered
343 Posts
Which diabetes forum do you mean?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Merien van der Velden
I was in one that had the same design but a different setup. I prefer this one. The people are more friendly here. I joined it and I do not even hear from them. I hear from you and that is important to me.

It has a different name, though. I tried to google it but I cannot find it. I will look for it Bob. If I find it again, I will let you know. When a virus got my computer, it erased all of my bookmarks. I will let you know if I find it.

Ruth

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.