1 small dill pickle
1 1/2" length of a celery rib
1 dozen eggs
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Hellman's mayonnaise
2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1/4 tsp salt
dash pepper
paprika (optional - for garnish)

Chop fine the onion, pickle and celery in a food processor, set aside.

Hard boil the eggs, peel, slice in half, remove yolks to a small bowl and mash. Stir in the vegetables and set aside.

In a seperate small bowl, make the dressing by stirring together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper, then stir it into the egg yolks. Only use as much of the dressing as you need. Some like more dressing than others.

Taste the yolk mixture. If it lacks flavor, add more mustard. If good but bland, add more salt. If it needs more umph, add more pepper. Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
These sounds awesome. I love deviled eggs. I had some at work the other day that a friend brought in. She just used mayo, salt and pepper and she mashed 2 small avocados into the yolks (she used a dozen eggs). It just needed enough mayo to make it smooth. OMG these were delish! if you love avocado you will go nuts for these!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll give my version as well :) Theese are LOVED by everyone when I make them..I have to watch my hubby and kids or they will make themselves sick on them :)

Boil your eggs and remove the yolk as stated above....

I also cook and crunch up bacon after its nice in crispy (about 6 pieces or to your liking), dice up into small pieces green onions (1 or 2), green olives ( dice them up and add them untill it compliments to your taste), Mayo (I always use hellmans) and mustard.

Squish up your yolk and add a small amount of the olive juice, a tablespoon of Mayo and a squeeze or 2 of mustard, salt and pepper. Mix together, taste and add a bit more of each until smooth, then add bacon, green onions and olives and mix thoroughly to taste and add to your eggs.

I say to taste alot as the green olives are salty, some people prefer less other more..once you perfect it to your taste, good luck keeping other from eating them before you even get 1! I recommend eating one as soon as your finished to ensure you do ;)

Chrissie

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds yummy. I like a little something in my deviled eggs to give them some crunch, a little more flavor & as a change from the plain ones.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh they are Raindance, I mean it, it one BEFORE putting them out for everyone! LOL! :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My deviled eggs are pretty barebones, but we sure scarf 'em up like they're goin' outta style. This is all it takes:

Yolks from nine hard-cooked jumbo eggs, mashed
3/8 cup mayonnaise
1½ tsp. vinegar
1½ tsp. prepared mustard
scant 1/2 tsp. salt (careful with the salt - I often get mine too salty)
dash of pepper (use white pepper if you don't want black specks in your eggs)

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Distribute filling evenly among all 18 egg whites. Cover lightly and chill before serving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts