The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone through over a dozen sensors. For the first 10, no skin problems. Then I started getting a rash where the adhesive touches the skin. And it got very itchy. I have no problem with adhesion using just the supplied adhesive pad. No overpatch used.
I shave my stomach where the sensor is going a day or two before as removing a sensor from a hairy body part is no fun.
After going through no problem and a few producing a rash, I started experimenting. First was a prep wipe that is designed to promote adhesion. No help. With a little research my last sensor was applied after I sprayed the area with flonase and let dry. No itching so far several days in. I moved the sensor to a non overlapping site and will see how it goes.
I have only used the new formulated sensor adhesive.
I know of other people who have it less/more worse than me.
So does anyone else have a story to relate? Maybe what worked or didn't

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dexcom has it on their site as it is more of a problem than they let on.
So the flonase was not the answer. I now use it for poison ivy rashes which I get frequently. It is an antihistamine.
After a lot of experimenting, I attach a new sensor to a strip of Hypafix which I cut out to the size of the sensor tape leaving the paper backing on the Hypafix. I then remove the paper and attach both to my skin and press the orange button. No holes needed. I then add the fee Dexcom overpatch and inset the transmitter and start the process. No rash. I also switched from bar soap to a medicated liquid soap because the Hypafix gets wt in the shower and the soapy water dries leaving the soap on my skin for 10 days or less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts