The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome, I feel if you can keep bgs below 100's without medication that is great. Once I spiked higher on a regular basis I knew I needed medication. I like to keep my bg average as close to 100 as possible.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Jwags,

By below 100 at all times do you mean fasting blood sugars or even 1 & 2 hour post meals ?

Thanks

Tony

Welcome, I feel if you can keep bgs below 100's without medication that is great. Once I spiked higher on a regular basis I knew I needed medication. I like to keep my bg average as close to 100 as possible.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I like my average to be around 100 which would give me an HbA1c of 5.1. Lately my fastings haven't been cooperating and they are usually in the 100-110 range. But I limit carbs so my 2 hour numbers rarely go over 110 or so. I need to see more fastings in the 80-95 range to accomplish my goal. At some point I may ask doctor for an Rx for Lantus or Levemir to help accomplish this.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thanks jwags,

Tony

I like my average to be around 100 which would give me an HbA1c of 5.1. Lately my fastings haven't been cooperating and they are usually in the 100-110 range. But I limit carbs so my 2 hour numbers rarely go over 110 or so. I need to see more fastings in the 80-95 range to accomplish my goal. At some point I may ask doctor for an Rx for Lantus or Levemir to help accomplish this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts