Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Diabetes and Crossfit and the paleo diet.

9K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  silvertiger 
I have been doing CrossFit since May of 2012. That was two months before my diagnosis with type 2. It has been a tremendous help to me in bringing down my a1c. I can tell when I am traveling and not exercising as opposed to when I am home and working out 3 - 4 times per week.

As far as the paleo diet goes, I have introduced elements into my diet. The biggest problem is that, according to my dietician, the brain requires around 100 mg of carbs per day to stay healthy. In addition to that, if I don't get enough carbs, my bg will bottom out and I'll certainly feel that!

2000mg of metformin and 5g of glipizide.

I've wondered myself about it. That's why I was careful to state that came from my dietician! I'm working on research on my own on low carbs diets and decreased brain function.

My doctors and I have agreed that our goal is to get off the glipizide. That's why I'm working with my exercise and diet options. I've already been able to half the glip in the first month. A1c came back much better so hoping to be off it in another few months! Thanks for the website recommendations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.