The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following quote comes to us from the CDC (Center For Disease Control).

"Chronic diseases – such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and arthritis – are among the most common, costly, and preventable of all health problems in the U.S."

What do you folks think about that ? I especially disagree with our being able to PREVENT our diabetes, and some of the other diseases too.

CDC - Chronic Disease - Overview

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think that the satement is somewaht outdated even if it is only 6 years old. With more research and study on the human genome I really think that they will find that many of these things are effected more by our ancestors than by anything we have done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The following quote comes to us from the CDC (Center For Disease Control).

"Chronic diseases – such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and arthritis – are among the most common, costly, and preventable of all health problems in the U.S."

What do you folks think about that ? I especially disagree with our being able to PREVENT our diabetes, and some of the other diabetes too.

CDC - Chronic Disease - Overview
How could I "prevent" diabetes???

I have 39 years old, 5'11" and 155 pounds. I don´t eat candys and never used sugar in my house, since my 20´s and my last test (before diagnosed 2 months ago) was 70 (fasting).

Its easy to tell we are guilty.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
My mother has high cholesterol and is at risk for heart disease. At 70 years young she is 5'5", 130lbs and walks at least a mile every day. (sometimes on a treadmill, when it's cold.) Yet she eats the most high-fiber/low-fat, whole-grain, natural-everything diet you can imagine, and has for like 25 years. I'm sure her high cholesterol is preventable too, LOL.

It shocks me how much mis-information is distributed by sources considered 'reputable'.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exactly!! How can we prevent diab,
On another note,
Beefy, recently I've found out a great deal of the wonderful effects of omega 3 fish oil to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. I went to wa mart the other day and got 2 large bottles for only 6.00 and change. I'm going to try to go this route first before going on meds, I'll report back about how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts