Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Diabetes and the CDC

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Countrygal 
#1 · (Edited)
The following quote comes to us from the CDC (Center For Disease Control).

"Chronic diseases – such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and arthritis – are among the most common, costly, and preventable of all health problems in the U.S."

What do you folks think about that ? I especially disagree with our being able to PREVENT our diabetes, and some of the other diseases too.

CDC - Chronic Disease - Overview

#2 ·
I think that the satement is somewaht outdated even if it is only 6 years old. With more research and study on the human genome I really think that they will find that many of these things are effected more by our ancestors than by anything we have done.

#3 ·
The following quote comes to us from the CDC (Center For Disease Control).

"Chronic diseases – such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and arthritis – are among the most common, costly, and preventable of all health problems in the U.S."

What do you folks think about that ? I especially disagree with our being able to PREVENT our diabetes, and some of the other diabetes too.

CDC - Chronic Disease - Overview
How could I "prevent" diabetes???

I have 39 years old, 5'11" and 155 pounds. I don´t eat candys and never used sugar in my house, since my 20´s and my last test (before diagnosed 2 months ago) was 70 (fasting).

Its easy to tell we are guilty.

#4 ·
My mother has high cholesterol and is at risk for heart disease. At 70 years young she is 5'5", 130lbs and walks at least a mile every day. (sometimes on a treadmill, when it's cold.) Yet she eats the most high-fiber/low-fat, whole-grain, natural-everything diet you can imagine, and has for like 25 years. I'm sure her high cholesterol is preventable too, LOL.

It shocks me how much mis-information is distributed by sources considered 'reputable'.

#5 · (Edited)
Exactly!! How can we prevent diab,
On another note,
Beefy, recently I've found out a great deal of the wonderful effects of omega 3 fish oil to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. I went to wa mart the other day and got 2 large bottles for only 6.00 and change. I'm going to try to go this route first before going on meds, I'll report back about how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.