The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dear all,
I'd be very grateful to people who can share some information about diabetes care in Belgium.

I'm going to have a work trip to Belgium for 3 months.

So there are few questions that worry me:

1. Where can I get/buy insulin if needed?
2. Where can I get/buy pump stuff (infusion sets) if needed?
I wear Minimed 712 pump and use quick-sets.
(links to internet shops that can do delivery of Minimed pump stuff within Belgium are also welcomed)
3. Where can I get/buy test strips?

Of course I'm gonna prepare all these things at home before journey.
It will be quite a lot stuff to take, but confidence is above all :)
But if some extra-situation happens, it's better to know the place where you can get all the diabetic things beforehand

Thanks in advance,
Jenya

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I doubt that you will find any help here on Belgium diabetes care and supplies. Have you tried researching on Google or some other search engine? I find many things that way. I hope your trip is successful and there are no problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt that you will find any help here on Belgium diabetes care and supplies. Have you tried researching on Google or some other search engine? I find many things that way. I hope your trip is successful and there are no problems.
Yup, I've searched this question but actually found not much information
Even on Belgian forum with the help of translator not everything is clear about how diabetes care system works :)
Anyway I tried to ask here too

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Jenya, is this anything you could ask any members of the work environment, or are they unaware of your diabetes? I was just thinking of the possibility of there being diabetics in the workplace where you'll be for the three months who could direct you to sources for supplies.

Would your Minimed rep be of any help? Surely Minimed has other clients in Belgium!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shanny, I know I'm acting stupid but I don't wanna make aware my employer about my diabetes. At least now.
This trip is a great opportunity for me (literally I had to make a great effort to get it) - I have to make good impression on people who invited me :), and diabetes gives me disadvantage comparing with guys who are eager to take my place. Just because it adds complicity with ensurance for example.
I'd like to inform the employer about my desease after my working skills are appreciated above all.
I know I may be mistaken still.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
That isn't "stupid" by any means! Unfortunately, there is still discrimination out there in the big wide world, and as you say - there are plenty of others who want your place & would do anything to push you out of their way. I wish I knew someone there who could solve your problem in an instant . . .

Keep at it - surely something will come up and I know you'll be preparing as much as possible before you move there. And keep us posted - we wish you well in this endeavor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts