The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local diabetes expo this week and got what I thought were some preaty cool freebies.
1) I got a free One Touch Ultra Nini which included the Delica lancing device. So now I have one of the painless devices and it is true what they say about them. I pocked myself 3 times thinking it didn't work only to find out that I had 3 bleedinng holes in my finger.

2) I also got the cable and sofware to down load my meters to my computer.

3) The best thing I got was a couple of pens that look like syringes.

Just thought I would share all that news with you.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I have and not sure about it yet since I can't ever feel it not sure if I like it. You know after so many years of flinching it will take some geting used to.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think I could get used to not feeling the poke on my fingers...that is worse than injecting insulin! My poor fingers! They get rather sensitive after a while. I try to rotate all the time. I saw some do testing on their thumbs. I cannot figure that one out! I have trouble getting the blood on the strip from my fingers sometimes! I hate that because sometimes I waste a test strip because the blood doesn't suck all the way in. Test strips are too darn expensive to make that mistake too many times! You got some nice little goodies there! I wonder if we ever have a Diabetes Expo. I'll have to check. After all, I do live in Cleveland, Ohio and we are on the list of highest obesity rate and we have top-notch hospitals (Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Rainbows Baby and Children's, St. Vincent Charity, etc). Be nice to get some freebies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts