The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 35 years old suffering from diabetes. I take insulin regularly before lunch and dinner and also check my insulin level regularly. what are the more precautions and preventions are require to maintain glucose level in the body???

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Sam. Can you give us a little info, are you a type 1 or type 2 and what are your average bg readings? I find the most important thing is to test a lot in the beginning to know how different meals affect your bg. Do you count carbs and adjust insulin to match carb count?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Sam, I remember you mentioned that your previous thread (http://www.diabetesforum.com/gestational-diabetes/7959-gd-first-pregnancy.html) have Gestational Diabetes and this is your first pregnancy.

You will have to work very closely with your doctor and regular testing will be required to make sure you maintain good levels so there are no complications with your pregnancy.

Since you are on insulin I would suggest you check several times a day and maintain a very stable level

Regarding diet:- I think it's best to have a follow the doctor's advice because pregnancy is a special time and diets must reflect the need of the special situation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts