The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI to everyone my name is Joe and Ive been living with type 1 diabetes for 18yrs now and just went into hypoglycemia twice this week i am now realizing that i want to take full control in managing my disease and if you are like me i dont like drawing attention to myself due to my disease any feedback from any other members will be appreciated thx

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Joe. Welcome. Go read www.bloodsugar101 for starters, then also read many of our posts, especially those of Richard's. We're glad you are here and can promise you control is possible for you. Tell us more about yourself, your meds, your exercise, your glucose levels for starters. We have a number of type 1's on the forum, so you'll learn a lot from their experiences.

Good luck and stay in touch!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Welcome, Joe! I have been type 1 for 66 years, and I still have low blood sugar a few times each week. Sometimes as low as the 40s and 50s. My blood sugar stays 70-120 about 90% of the time, so my body is accustomed to lower numbers. That makes it easier for me to take care of myself when I have those lows. I never need any help. That is why I have no stress with these lows, they really don't bother me.

I assume that your hypoglycemic episodes are similar to mine, but if your body has not adjusted to them, they may cause you to pass out. Is that what is happening? Is there someone there to help you when you need it?

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts