The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a sign in tthe clinic about diabetes nerve pain. Of course they were out of brochures. What is it and doalot of dianetics get it. Does anyonee on this forum have it.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think it probably means Diabetic Neuropathy. Neuropathy is one side effect of diabetes as well as other disesases. Basically when you keep your bgs higher than 140 extra glycation or sugar coating then sticks to your nerves and blood vessels. This sugar coating affects the circulation in extremities like toes, feet, legs, hands as well as other parts of body. Once the blood flow is cut off you can experience tigling, pins and needles and eventually loss of feeling. The best defense is keeping bgs in a near normal range.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Diabetis nerve pain, YES

Yes, Yes and Yes. Most of mine comes from peripheral nueropathy.
It is also involved in gastroparesis.

For many it starts in the feet. If you are on your feet a lot, late in the day and especially in the evening, you feel a tingling and burning in your feet. As this worsens it can leave you sleep deprived, or on pain medicaton or both.
It will progress to your fingers and hands. I do not like to stand a lot , so I sit, since May I have neuropahy in in my back side.

Many diabetics, including t2s wind up in wheel chairs, because it is too painful to be on their feet.

I took pain medicine for a time. I have renal involvement , taking any meds by mouth is not good for my kidneys. I did find an external method of getting some sleep, Lidoderm patches, they are Rx. Just stick them to the soles of your feet. They give some relief.
The best relief I have found is through PUlsatile IV Insulin therapy.
If I am on my feet too much, they still hurt, but it is not so bad that I loose sleep.
Hope this was useful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow I finally found someone who's feet feel like mine. They are extremely painful even taking a shower hurts. I will try the patches. My doctor has prescribed numerous meds including tramadol doesn't help me at all.

LaLa

·
Registered
12 Posts
lee mcwilliams said:
I saw a sign in tthe clinic about diabetes nerve pain. Of course they were out of brochures. What is it and doalot of dianetics get it. Does anyonee on this forum have it.
Yes I have it. And it hurts really bad. My doctor told me its caused by uncontrollable blood sugar levels. And if not controlled it will effect the nerves in your feet and legs. Mine started about 5 yrs ago.

LaLa

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi All, Yes I have this too, have started to wake up in night with foot pain/ache, not sure what to do, Ive just been getting up, a watch tv until morning, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This was interesting. I`ve complained to my doctor for several months my feet hurts, especially my heals. It feels just as if I`m wearing shoes that are to small.
I haven`t been able to walk our dogs properly for months;it`s my husband walking them now.
Even if I`m just sitting they hurt. There is also lots of tingeling and burning in my hands and feet, and sometimes my fingers get really pale, nearly yellow......
In december I`m going to see a rheumatologist.
I was afraid I`ve got another disease, seems like I`ve started to collect them, but this can actually be a part of my diabetes?
My BG was high when my diabetes was discovered (18,6 fastening) and my Ac1 was 12,6, but I got both quickly (during 2 months) down to normal levels and my last Ac1 was 5,9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.