The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having severe joint pains in many of my joints, the pain usually lasts for one or two days and then i am mostly pain free for a couple of days, then it will return to a different joint a few days later,e.g.hands,feet, elbows, knees. i dont know where it will attack next. any comments appreciated. doctor did not recommend any treatment. seems each time i have an appointment i am pain free. thanks in advance. bill

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
When I was in my 30's I developed something like this, and it was tendon attacks. But they would leave me crippled for several days (if at a joint in my leg or groin I'd be on crutches w/in 24 hours) if I didn't take an anti-inflammatory right away. Lasted 15 years and then disappeared as mysteriously as it came (but then got fibro as a trade.) I take a low-dose NSAID every day and it's helpful.

You might consider finding a good rheumatologist to help nail down what is going on.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
By chance are you on any statin drugs. I had a similar thing happen last summer. I would have flare ups every few days and the pain would move around my body. At first I thought it was Fibromyalgia or some type of Artritis. I finally started to research the statin I was on and found lots of references to similar pain. After I stopped the statin most of the pain dissappeared. I still have some muscle damage caused by the statin in my shoulders. I think a Rheumatologist is the best doctor to go to check out all sorts of immune system disorders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am having severe joint pains in many of my joints, the pain usually lasts for one or two days and then i am mostly pain free for a couple of days, then it will return to a different joint a few days later,e.g.hands,feet, elbows, knees. i dont know where it will attack next. any comments appreciated. doctor did not recommend any treatment. seems each time i have an appointment i am pain free. thanks in advance. bill
thanks, i have not considered that possibilty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts