The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know while on this new synthetic insulin if you can loose your hgv licence with it??

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I dont know about the UK but in the US if your on insulin you have to get a federal waiver to keep driving commercial trucks (18 wheelers). the waiver proses took me 12 months. 6 months was because I am too well controlled. The GOV wanted an A1C over 7 I was 5.9 so they gave me a hard time.

G

·
Ain't That Just Like The "Govment"..!!..?

I dont know about the UK but in the US if your on insulin you have to get a federal waiver to keep driving commercial trucks (18 wheelers). the waiver proses took me 12 months. 6 months was because I am too well controlled. The GOV wanted an A1C over 7 I was 5.9 so they gave me a hard time.
Ain't that just like our Government!? :D

You're 5.9 and under control.. but they want you to go "out of you existing range" and increase it to 7.0 plus. :rolleyes:

That reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago (back in the 70's). I don't remember all the particulars, but here's the gist of the situation.

My older brother owned a construction company in one of the Western states while my family and I were living in one of the Eastern Mid-Central states.

He took out a Business Administration Loan and received a pending Government construction contract, but only under the stipulation that he needed to expand (hire in a new employee/s) under a some type of educational training program which granted him XXX?? $$$ to do so.

Al of his workers were married, had families and making good money.. so none wanted to quit their jobs to go to school/higher education/training (which they already had anyways), so he tried to do this without the extra training program stipulation $$$ that was involved.

In all their wisdom, the government said NO! If you don't spend it on training it means your not expanding and offering a under educated/non-employed person this opportunity.. which meant, he wouldn't get the loan.. let alone the associated construction contract.

Don't you just like the wisdom of our government? My brother tried to accept the loan/construction contract WITHOUT the added monies involved for the education.. but the Government didn't want to hear about it! Accept the extra money and get the loan plus contract.. don't accept the extra money = NO loan/contract!

Solution..? He contacted me with the offer of a FREE college education, FREE relocation, FREE housing and FREE monthly allotment.. all at the expense of our U.S. Government.

Hey.. what can I say. My brother offered.. and I accepted (with my wife and family along for the ride), FREE family and household goods relocation, a FREE 2 year College education (and graduated 3.86gpa with a Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering), 2 years of FREE private housing paid for.. plus a FREE monthly $$$ allotment in a amount that paid for anything we needed.

Don't get mad at me people. He tried doing it without the extra educational money $$$.. but to NO avail. I would have been a fool to turn it down.. plus my Brother wouldn't have had the loan/construction contract. What were we suppose to do..!!..?

As I said at the beginning of this post..

"Ain't That Just Like The Govment..!!..?" :rolleyes: :D

Breeze 2 User

1 - 3 of 3 Posts